Hey Everyone, Got Good News To Share

Hello everyone, friends. Well I haven't been online at all for quite a long time now and just wanted to get back on and let you all know what's been going on here. Well good news is I landed a good job at a place called Andersen Windows Corporation. I've been working here for almost two months now and been doing very well. They made me a lead/in charge of the job I am doing, so I have others working with me that I have to keep my eyes on and tell them what to do. Though they listen pretty well so I don't have to be a bad guy to them, so be grateful for that. Also Andersens moved me up and trained me in on fork lift and got me my fork lift license now too. They put me in charge of running 2nd shift, keeps me busy I'll tell ya. I also just got a pay raise recently, so I'm grateful for that. Also I like my job and I actually look forward to going into work everyday I'm scheduled. All the supervisors have observed me and my work ethic and they like me and they appreciate the extra time I stay after for to get things done. I'm actually doing good now and feeling good about how things are going now. I make good money now and I'm doing other things outside of working at Andersens to earn extra money. Been picking up and collecting aluminum cans, been going around mowing lawns, been trying to sell stuff still. I'm being happy now with my life I got now because it's great. Landed a great job with a good company to get into, I don't know if any of you have heard of Andersen Windows, but it's a good company to work for. I work with extrusions at the Extrusions plant over in North Branch Minnesota. I'm so Grateful and very glad to have this job, you have no idea. But anyway, just wanted to share this news with you all. Let me know what you think.

... I don't know if any of you have heard of Andersen Windows...

Yup sure have, used to sell Anderson windows years ago in CA - great product, and a really good company in an extremely competitive market. Congrats on your new job. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Now stop bein a fan and get one :jester:

Yea, I wish I could get one, but money still isn't the best yet. I got a lot still to take care of as far as bills go. I'm just grateful to have this job at Andersen Windows Corporation. I am still not able to get ahead with all the work I've been doing at Andersens and outside of Andersens. I mow some lawns, not a lot, but I'm going to start working on that to get more money from mowing more lawns for people for say like $10. I have time during the day, well mornings to get up and go do something till noon. So I'm going to start going around door to door asking neighbors and people that live in town where I live, ask if they will allow me to mow their lawn for $10. I can earn more money this way. I've been doing a lot more than just working at Andersens. Been collecting aluminum cans and crushing them and putting them in big black garbage bags. Also been doing yard work for a guy who works security for the Minnesota Twins Baseball team and he is a former Army Drill Sergent. Not an employer, but just a guy I help out and do yard work around his house and he pays me $10 an hour to do yard work and stuff for him. I alos mow his lawn for $25 each time every week. Going to start looking for other ways to earn more money here real soon, very soon.

Good to hear your liking the new job man! Doesn't The Home Depot carry Anderson windows?? maybe different company? I dunno just feel like i hear that name all the time.

Everything else aside.. Just keep diggin man. You'll get everything squared away in due time! THEN LIKE Bad Ass Silvy SAID... STOP BEING A FAN AND GET ONE! cheers.gif

Hey I work for a Major Rival Window and Door Manufacturer.................BOOOOO Anderson!!!!! LOL JK

Im Glad to hear you found a job and are happy even if it is working for the enemy :jester:

Yes they sell Anderson at Home Depot as well as lowes

Anderson is the biggest window and door Manufacturer in the U.S. (Based on % of Market Share), followed closely by My Company JELD-WEN. My Company has the largest Market Share outside the US

The Big 4 Are: Anderson, JELD-WEN, Masonite, and Pella.

I was told that these big 4 only account for about 10% of the total window market

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Congrats on the new begining. Sounds like you are very happy in your position.

BTW I might be needing 37 windows..... Discount??? lol.

Yea, not so sure on the discount part. On your own there. And to correct everyone, its "Andersen", with an "sen" instead of an "son"