Need Some Advice

Alright so over the past few months Ive noticed its been kind of wet around the seal where the front drive shaft goes into the front differential and then about 2 weeks ago I noticed it was starting to drip more, so I brought it to my tranny guy to have him replace the seal and while he was in there he saw that the housing where the seal goes was cracked it looked like whoever had owned the truck before me had someone replace the seal at one time and whoever replaced it used a screwdriver to try and get the seal out and pryed on the housing and cracked it along with mar up the housing itself. My tranny guy who I had fix it tryed to fix it as best he could by cleaning up the aluminum and replaced the seal and tried to seal up around it just to see if it would work and then let him know how it goes. Well im kind of stuck on what I want to do, ive been wanting to convert the truck to 2wd for a while now, and I know some people will think im stupid for wanting to convert it but I just miss having a 2wd truck and I also feel better peice of mind knowing theres less moving parts under the truck and less things to break. With that said im trying to decide weather down the road to just have him replace the front differential housing which he quoted me about $300 for plus labor and what not or just have him tear it out and do the 2wd conversion. I was basically wondering how the prices would compare between the 2 jobs and Im basically just looking for some more input on what I should do, and im open to pretty much whatever anyone has to say so let me know what you guys think! Keep in mind I dont drive this truck in the winter so AWD isnt important to me Id much rather have a 2wd truck, I dont care about traction issues Im sure ill run into those eventually but ill deal with that when the time comes.

I think trying to go to 2wd would require a diff trans or tailshaft from one, driveshaft, front suspension, and tuning. If you really want it, try finding someone willing to swap parts, otherwise it's cheaper to just fix your truck.

Ya thats what Im thinking I might be able to sell the AWD set up to offset some of the cost of the conversion. As far as whats needed Im pretty sure its just a different output shaft and tailhousing on the tranny then a 2wd drive shaft and cenver carrier bearing then 2wd wheel bearings. Im not sure if tuning will be needed or not there might be but if it is needed thats not a big deal. Im just kind of trying to lay out my options