3 Ft Piece Of Aluminum Vs My Ss

JroCk817

So driving home on the expressway yesterday.. shit ton of traffic as usual. Well all of a sudden i spot a piece of aluminum on the side of the road with a bit of it in the left lane. SURE ENOUGH the small SUV (a ford go figure) hits it.. it flies up, slams the front of my truck.. bounces up hits the roof and continues down the road.

Damage.. driver side brake duct hanging on one side.. bracket for DRL/ turn signal broken on the inside twards the grill.. small chunk of grill chipped next to my bowtie with a few nice deep scratches in the plastic.. hood scraped pretty good above the headlights.. not to bad but still scraped. The roof has 3 dents right in the center above the window.

UGH.. off to get a few estimates after work today. Ill try to get a few pics up later on if i have time.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Call SAE Auto parts from Ebay, about a month ago they only had like 1-3 driver side ducts left, if that (I needed a passenger side duct).

They even mentioned going to their rivals, GMpartsdirect.com but they might be out of all brake ducts also...concentrate on getting that brake duct, it will be the most tough piece to find in getting the truck back to where it was :chevrolet:

i would have followed the person and called the cops personally, i had to do that when a dump truck sprayed my first truck with rocks. the company had to pay repairs and got a ticket for a unsecured load haha

Well first estimate is just under $1600.

The most expensive part... the brake duct. They are available to him from GM @ $202.34!!

Yea.. told him i would try and find one cheaper. without letting the good ol Allstate know of course. SAE will be getting a call today.