It Has Been Awhile Since I Have Been To Site!

I CORNER

Wow, been away from this site for years. How are you? Been playing on VetteZ06.com, since I bought my 2008 Corvette Z06 in April 2010. I had my first accident in my heavily modified 94 Z28 in 2/2010 and hit a concrete pole head-on at 45 mph with cracked ribs and huge contusion on left knee. I don't go to Z28Camaro.com anymore. Bought the C6Z, as I missed the cornering rush. The extra performance of the C6Z has been a real kick! Man now a Z06 has beat the Ferrari Enzo on the Nurburgring on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup R-compound tires.

My SSS is just over 128,000 miles now. Not used for work, but brought home lots of stuff from Home Depot / Lowes over the years. Amazingly still on original brakes. 3rd set of tires will need replacing later this year. Replaced oil with Mobil 1 5/30 at least every 5000 miles with oversized Mobil 1 (206?) oil filter. Instrument cluster had to be replaced under warranty, as speedo read 60 mph when parked. ABS computer died at 98,000 miles, but was replaced by dealer free, under manager's discretion. 6 CD player died in late 2009 and was replaced with rebuilt unit for about $700. Coolant flush, replaced all trans and diff fluids at 95,000 miles with some filing wear on front diff, which I let go longer than manual, but still runs like a champ. Replaced plugs, wires, and shocks at 100k miles, even though they did not seem to need it. Still on original A/C (Florida), but may need work within year. Never any accidents, but got some door dings, and attack shoping carts, even though I am anal about parking it defensively. Factory paint is still great although it stays outside in Florida sun, weather and 2 Florida hurricanes. Gaylord tonneau cover paint has started to fade and will require repainting. Leather is still good. PCMs for less tune works great. Volant air cleaner ok. Headlight mod to all 4 on with Silvania Silverstar bulbs shoots out as much light as the HIDs on my C6Z, although the bulbs burn out 3 times as fast, it is still worth it. Added IPOD interface. Plastic center caps on silver SSS wheels are discolored. Onstar no longer works, but I never kept subsription going anyway. All wheel drive has been a huge safety and terrain benefit. I can still blow away most all vehicles in hard acceleration in rain, probably even my 505 hp Z06. Still thinking about installing STS turbo for grins. Gas mileage was never great with AWD at about 15 mpg overall, but the truck has been great and very reliable. I expect to keep it until over 200,000 miles at this rate. My license plate has always been "CR SSGO."

I use "I CORNER" for the C6Z, which previously was used on 94Z28 and 1974 Pontiac Firebird Formula with SD 455 engine. 94Z28 and 74 F-Body were heavily modified, but C6Z will stay stock at least until 100k mile warranty expires.

Take care.

Edited by I CORNER (see edit history)