Pcm Tune Help

mattwizard

truck is idling at 500 rpms and after coming to a stop it drops to 300-500 rpms and feels like it is about to die and lost all power. Then when i give it gas it jerks on me cuz the rpms are so low. Please help. Got my tune from Wheatley.

thanks,

Did you just get the tune done? If so it could be the prob. If you have had the tune for a while it isn't the problem.

I bet that it is your K&N. It was prob over oiled and gunked up the MAF and TB. Take the air cleaner off, and re-clean it with the cleaner and then apply just enough of the filter oil to penetrate the fabric. Let it dry completely!!!! Then re-clean the MAF and TB.

I am gonna guess and say you just installed the tune, and the fix is................drive it. Yes, drive it.....the new PCM needs some drive time to learn how you drive. The more you drive, the better the truck will run......

I am gonna guess and say you just installed the tune, and the fix is................drive it. Yes, drive it.....the new PCM needs some drive time to learn how you drive. The more you drive, the better the truck will run......

He shouldn't be depending on learned idle trims to get a descent idle. While yes learning idle take time, it still should not be THAT low upon initial install of the PCM. With it been as it is, every time that the battery disconnects or the PCM looses power, he will have the same issues.