O2 Sensor Problems

zayne0

Im running a 02 5.3 wit ls6 intake in my 92 camaro and my efi live is always reading 0 on my ltft, and is also staying in open loop. runs real boggy and rich, i was told to check the wiring on my o2's does anyone have any experience with this, i did the harness swap myself but i didnt mess with the o2 wiring.

heres a log, hopefully it goes thru im having connection problems. The harness engine and pcm came from the same vehicle. the pcm was sent off to a xtreme horsepower in ft,worth to flash it for the ls6 injectors

cruise.efi

heres a log, hopefully it goes thru im having connection problems. The harness engine and pcm came from the same vehicle. the pcm was sent off to a xtreme horsepower in ft,worth to flash it for the ls6 injectors

cruise.efi

can we get more info about the harness... how was it modified. It looks like there might just be a resistor inplace of the o2 sensor. your sensors are not even oscillating as they should. They don't even read lean or rich when at WOT. your timing looks good, but who knows what your AFR is...

Im running a 02 5.3 wit ls6 intake in my 92 camaro and my efi live is always reading 0 on my ltft, and is also staying in open loop. runs real boggy and rich, i was told to check the wiring on my o2's does anyone have any experience with this, i did the harness swap myself but i didnt mess with the o2 wiring.

???

LTFT will be zero if the PCM is in Open-Loop; the PCM must be in Closed-Loop before it will begin updating the fuel trims.

Is there a MAF sensor installed on the vehicle? If not, then the PCM will never be in closed-loop.

The O2 sensor wiring IS a part of the harness - if you installed the harness yourself, then you also had to have manipulated the O2 connectors when you were plugging stuff together.

Does the car physically have O2 sensors installed??

What donor vehicle did the PCM & harness come from? Hint - you need to use the front O2-sensors from the donor vehicle too.

Arville is a nice guy, and he has the best dyno in the DFW area; that said I have not found anyone else that has recommended his EFILive work.

What you describe is that you have a PCM running open-loop speed-density (not a bad thing), and the VE table and/or injector flow rate tables are off.

Do you own EFILive? or are you using Autocal?

What EFILive operating system is the PCM using? Is it one of the custom OSs?

Post pics of the vehicle underhood, and a copy of the tune in the PCM. Expect to buy a wideband asap so you can get the VE table dialed-in.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Maf is connected and on the vehicle o2's are connected and on the vehicle. Engine trans harness and pcm are all from the same vehicle- 2002 tahoe 5.3 4l60. I sent my pcm to arville to falsh it for the ls6 intake swap i have never had my car at his shop. I own efi live. I am new to using efi live but im sure im not using a custom os. im waiting on my catback so i can get my wideband and all my exhaust work done at once.

original tune.tun

One of the reasons that you are always running rich is that your open loop comanded AFR is set low. Even at cruising speed low load scenarios you are commanding more fuel than stoich. This is another reason why you are not going into closed loop as the PCM will only comand closed loop when the commanded AFR is 14.68

One of the reasons that you are always running rich is that your open loop comanded AFR is set low. Even at cruising speed low load scenarios you are commanding more fuel than stoich. This is another reason why you are not going into closed loop as the PCM will only comand closed loop when the commanded AFR is 14.68

alright so where do i need to start?

If you have a stock 5.3 save the ls6 intake, than you can go here...

tune file depot

Down load the tune that matches your O.S. which is 12216125, and compare them to your tune. These tunes are stock, If all of the stock hardware and emissions equipment are installed, start by returning your commanded fuel tables back to stock. BTW, that operating system is from a flex fuel truck and is set up for the Flex Fuel injectors, which injectors are you running, this could be another reason why your are bogging down.

If you have a stock 5.3 save the ls6 intake, than you can go here...

tune file depot

Down load the tune that matches your O.S. which is 12216125, and compare them to your tune. These tunes are stock, If all of the stock hardware and emissions equipment are installed, start by returning your commanded fuel tables back to stock. BTW, that operating system is from a flex fuel truck and is set up for the Flex Fuel injectors, which injectors are you running, this could be another reason why your are bogging down.

factory ls6 injectors