Cnc Access

SSplaytoy

Anyone with access to a CNC willing to start producing some SS badges in different finishes and the Super Sport emblems I designed a long time ago?

I'm guessing it was either forgotten about or KIKINSS has been really busy :dunno:

Should be able to be done on a 3 or 5 axis. There seemed to be a lot of interest in people wanting chrome SS badges. It would be nice to have them in a variety of finishes though. And to replace the SuperSport sticker on the tailgate, I designed this click here

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

those would be pretty sweet i would be in for some. not sure were i would put em but i would def like to have them. i would take 4 ss's in chrome also maybe more depending on what the price would be. also not sure if id put em on right away but would really want them lol. i no im wierd. nice work by the way.:thumbs:

ive been working on this myself. ive gotten my last prototypes back and they look great.. ill post pics soon of a finished set.. looks like they are going to sell for about $150 for a full set for a truck (3 SS emblems per truck), if i were to get into selling them (those are my cost plus shipping to anywhere in the CONUS).. if ya'll would actually be interested, let me know..

Let's see some pics :smash:

I'd be a bit worried of someone taking a nice set of $150 SS emblems off my truck with a Piece of fishing line. Did you design them with pins that go into the door or for adhesive mounting? I know pins require drilling, but they shouldn't ever have to come off.

I have an acquaintance in Allen TX that has a 3-axis machine in his garage; he's not a friend, just an acquaintance and a prick - but a prick with a CNC machine in his garage! Next time that I see him I will ask him if he still has it or if he sold it, if he still has it I know that he would be willing to do small jobs to pay off the machine, for a while he was making Buell trim stuff for his friends here in town...

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Fits this thread better at the moment:

Good idea man. Only problem is I think this is one of those things where you get what you pay for comes into play. IMO, it what look kinda cheap on a "fancy sports truck". I personally like the smaller details like the beveled edges and inlays. The "pin style" emblems sound like more and more of a good idea the more I think of it too. Unfortunately a laser or water jet can't achieve those things. I'd still like to hear others' opinions on this though and maybe some pics?

i have access to get stuff cnc'ed , send me a pm in what you have in mind and a minumum order of them as that effects price alot since setup is the most expensive part.

yeah thats the hard part with suc a niche market everyone will say oh cool i want one but no one will commit . this is one of the reasons i have so much tied in my truck as i haad to get one of shit and its not cheap.