Plasti Dip Spraypaint

ThatTallCanadian

So today I just recently blacked out my SS wheels and my exhaust tip with a new (to me) spraypaint called Plasti Dip.

This stuff works wonders! It sprays a satin black finish, and its a rubberized coating, so whenever you get tired of the black, you can literally peel the paint right off the rim and not have the OEM finish damaged at all.

Heres 2 pics off of my phone/facebook, I will try to get better pics tonight with my new camera.

264160_10150695734125176_846990175_19608742_6788179_n.jpg

267523_10150695740570176_846990175_19608814_7523124_n.jpg

Thats kind of cool stuff. Did you dismount and then paint the rims our just mask off the tire? I would like to know how this stuff holds up. Makes the truck lookgood

honestly, the front tires I pulled off the truck, masked the tire and painted away. As I did this, buddy painted his focus's rims while on the car, nothing masked off, and you couldn't even tell the difference. So the back I just painted while it was on the truck. I'm hoping it lasts a while, I haven't heard anything bad about it.

Even if it does get a chip or two, this paint is magic, it will touch up seamlessly. Even if you spray WAY too much and get some hardcore runs, it will dry to a smooth finish with no evidence of a run.

Can I see a close up? How easy does it peel off? Do you have to heat it up to get off?

Tried taking pics tonight but the lighting is shit, and flash makes it look god awful. I will take lots and lots of pics tomorrow! in 1080p goodness.

And no, I don't think it needs any heat to take off, but I can see it helping possibly?

It does come off "easy" but only if you persistently scratch at it or go at it with a sharp object. My buddy sprayed a strip on his headlights to cover up the amber reflector, decided he didn't like it, scratched off a corner and peeled off the whole thing. Keep in mind, it was only on for about half an hour so not nearly the proper cure time my wheels will have. If he's game, we can test scratching em off of his rims tomorrow.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

One chip taken out of the coating and it will tear away. Might start flapping in the wind. I have used the stuff and it never held up to hand tools or "undercoating".

Yeah my buddy hit a curb yesterday and now theres a slight piece missing since he kind of scratched at it, i cruised around for a few hours last night and no problems so far. I'm only using it for wheels , not for an undercoating or anything. Theres only one small chip in the exhaust tips as well.

One chip taken out of the coating and it will tear away. Might start flapping in the wind. I have used the stuff and it never held up to hand tools or "undercoating".

HAHA, Go to the store with black rims come back with silver.