Newbie 2003 Ss Awd 30 K On My 3 Or 4 Brake Job Whats Going On

hd17f

Are you doing this yourself? I live in mass and could do the job for you if you like? I was reading the parts that you had on before not surprised that you were having problems those are the cheap-o parts. I would make sure that you dont have a bad caliper.You might also need to Bleed the calipers as well. Again let me know if you need help:cheers:

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

Are you doing this yourself? I live in mass and could do the job for you if you like? I was reading the parts that you had on before not surprised that you were having problems those are the cheap-o parts. I would make sure that you dont have a bad caliper.You might also need to Bleed the calipers as well. Again let me know if you need help:cheers:

thanks yea im gonna do my self but the bleeder screws are stripped out how can i get them off to change them and also how do tell if i have a bad caliper i just use a c clamp and press them back in with the brake res cap off

Please keep my updated Dylan, I am going AC Delco and will start collecting parts soon. I might get some tinted tails, then onto the brakes. I had the AC Delco sight I was going to post on last night, but saw you found that spot.

Sick03ss, I might take you up on the brake job after collecting parts, but thats late fall. Ill talk to ya in PM :thumbs:

if you have a bad caliper you will know the piston with be hard to push in. Also make sure to put the old brake pad on before you use the c clamp as to not damage the pistons. Not sure how to bleed them if you cant get the bleeders out.

so i got all the mparts today maybe next weekend ill do them the ac delco rotor are all gray is that normal there not the normal silver metal there like a dark gray it look almost like a coating

so i got all the my parts today maybe next weekend ill do them the ac delco rotors are all gray is that normal there not the normal silver metal there like a dark gray it look almost like a coating

anyone

That is an anti corrosion coating, that should wear off the pad contact area after the first couple of stops......just make sure that there is not any oil on the rotors.....

so should i clean with brakle parts cleaner or soap and water

so should i clean with brakle parts cleaner or soap and water

Only if the rotors feel oily.......if not, then just install them as they are. Usually when there is an anti-corrosion coating like that, there is no need to spray them down with brake cleaner. All you need to do is install them, the first 1 or 2 stops will scrub the coating off the brake pad contact area....

• 2 weeks later...

I would wash them in soapy water. just to be sure.

GREAT NEWS just installed my new rear ac delco pads and rotors no more shaking or anything good pedel feel not real firm but better then before.... still with the autozone front rotors and pads but i have the ac delco parts ready on standy by .... THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOU HELP VERY MUCH