Tune? Chip? Tuner? Cam Setup? Cai?

EmoWalrus05

Dont do a chip, and dont do a tuner. What you want is a tune from one of the big time venders on here. Zippy, Wheatley, Blackbear, they are all good. Cold Air Intake can help, and they all do about the same thing. You can buy a cheap autozone one and throw a K&N and you will be good to go. I got a CAI from K&N for a good price, or I would have done that. Exhaust can also help with mpg's. Hope this helps.

Thats normal. Use the search button for info on the mods you asked about, plenty of info on the forum

Let me quote the above poster as I answer this: "the search button has proven to add at least 5-10mpg"

:laugh::jester:

Sorry always wanted to use that as a reply after he wrote that once, it cracked me up, on a serious note:

CAI

exhaust

tune

are gonna get you some better mpg's

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

I just recently added a K&N CAI and magnaflow mufflers. The gains I've seen so far are minimal, but still decent. My highway average mpg's went from around 15-15.5 to 16.5-17. I do about 90% city driving, and I've even seen slight gains there, about 1mpg. I'm still running on a stock tune.

The worst part about adding mods for fuel economy... you're also adding some performance, and when you add that, you tend to want to... "test" it out. :crackup:

The best mod for mpg's as stated above, is going to be you. Maintain your truck, and maintain your self control on the throttle!