So ive been planning on changing my diff and trans case fluid for awhile now. I read I'n an old post from the archives that the front diff should take 2+ and the rear 3+ so i bought 6 quarts of AMSoil and brought it to mister lube and got them to change it. After they were done he handed me 3 quarts back :question: i asked him if the diffs were full and he said yes. So they used 3 quarts for front and rear. What do you guys think, should i go back? I had them do the trans case too and that took 2.5 quarts, which is spec i believe. (auto trac ll)

Do you have a 14 bolt rear or 10? I know my 14 bolt rear takes 3-3.5 quarts. Usually 3, then I drive it making many figure 8's to saturate the fluid in their and then top off. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe on AWD ur rear diff is a 10 bolt, if so it would make sense for it to take 2 but 3 quarts for both front and rear, sounds too little. Did you read Mr. P's "How-to" might specify there.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/15898-how-to-drain-and-fill-your-rear-axle/

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Sounds like they just put in their own fluids and dont know what their doing with an SS truck. Check out Mr. P's how to. I wouldnt trust many people touching these trucks.

I think it has to be the exact same, I remember awhile ago someone was trying to use a diff off a Denali and Escalade and no luck. Their were some extra connections, or it just didnt match up right.

My boss had owned a Chevy dealership for over 50 years and we were speaking about the differences in one of his Escalades and how it was almost the exact drivetrain as my SS but just a few differences in things here and their.

He also couldnt believe they would not put the 4L80 in our trucks, but he never knew that Congress said no Allison trannys in in 1500s/half ton trucks.

My boss had owned a Chevy dealership for over 50 years and we were speaking about the differences in one of his Escalades and how it was almost the exact drivetrain as my SS but just a few differences in things here and their.

He also couldnt believe they would not put the 4L80 in our trucks, but he never knew that Congress said no Allison trannys in in 1500s/half ton trucks.

Yeah, that burns my ass how they screwed us over. They KNOW that people were going to mod these trucks. But i guess they were tied down, i didn't know congress had anything to do with it. Well they couldve at least put the 4L80e I'n the Canadian trucks :squintnoeswerdrun: god this diff thing is really stressing me out, i don't want to pull it out and rebuild it :shakehead: