Painted Tails

Those look so much better now than when they came out the factory. You can tell you spent alot of time perfecting the paint method.

The model trains I collect are privately painted and you can tell a professional job from someone who has been collecting trains for over 30 years and knows every single tiny detail. Your work/painting process clearly speaks volumes.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what would it cost me to have mine look like that? I have the same exact tails. But dont have the skills you do. If its something you can do lemme know.

Are you talking about taping it off in the LED area??? If so I won't do it again. I'm a perfectionist and it was a total pain in the ass to do this and Brad is lucky he is a good friend or I wouldn't have done it. I'm very happy with the way they came out, but for the headache I wouldn't feel right charging anyone what it is really worth in just time. If you are wanting just the lights fully painted thats a lot easier and we can talk further about that.

As long as they are still somewhat visible. I dont mind the whole light being tinted. And I didnt even consider how much of a PITA it was to do those lights. But pm me and we can talk more about tinting them.

If you guys want lights done its 125.00 which includes return shipping to the lower 48....PM me for adjusted cost if outside the lower 48. You would ship me your lights free of damage. I will not paint the third brake light you will need to purchase a aftermarket LED third brake or something similar. The factory third brake lights reject automotive paint for some odd reason. The process will take place the weekend following your lights arrival baring good weather. I will admit I'm slow to get these done this is not a overnight type deal and I'm a perctionist so I do take my time. I have painted lights for a good amount of people of this forum with flawless feedback. I will post another thread with some shots of other lights I have painted.

Here is a link to a good third brake...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

Here is a link to the LEDS that are painted above

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2c5e05fd74

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

If you guys want lights done its 125.00 which includes return shipping to the lower 48....PM me for adjusted cost if outside the lower 48. You would ship me your lights free of damage. I will not paint the third brake light you will need to purchase a aftermarket LED third brake or something similar. The factory third brake lights reject automotive paint for some odd reason. The process will take place the weekend following your lights arrival baring good weather. I will admit I'm slow to get these done this is not a overnight type deal and I'm a perctionist so I do take my time. I have painted lights for a good amount of people of this forum with flawless feedback. I will post another thread with some shots of other lights I have painted.

Here is a link to a good third brake...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

Here is a link to the LEDS that are painted above

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2c5e05fd74

Does the 3rd brake light you suggested require cutting wires, or does it just plug into the factory wiring harness?

the lights look really nice man :cheers: your work is always great. by the sound of it we have a similar process :thumbs: the little tricks really do make them "night and day" difference :D taping them off is a pain and takes time but it is really worth it if we are talking legalities and not getting pulled over. using a process like these really does make light much more visible and bright, but the reflector cant be painted hardly at all to still be "technically" legal. but this process will usually keep the actual lights bright enough for the law ;)

DSC00299-1.jpg

DSC00300-1.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

did it with the same goal in mind as you, but did a stock set for mine to experiment with reflectiveness. conforms to all the laws but looks black during day entirely, just not LED and cool as those lights you did :)

those are the stock incadecent bulbs, i put some 80-LED bulbs in there, big difference. might be brighter than stock lights/housings

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)