Hpt Problem

zippy

I've ran into this problem with my work laptop as well as many of my customers. The certain gauges and most commonly the tach will not work when logging and using beta software versions. I have found a fix for this. You need to go to the windows update site and manually perform updates. The .net framework system that HPT runs on is an optional update and will not perform during automatic updates so if you aren't a person that stays on top of your updates manually you won't get the latest framework update and therefore won't get the fix. So for those having this issue with XP, go to the start menu, programs, and windows update and once you get to the site select custom when it gives you the option. Next select all the updates you can including in the optional section. You'll likely find a .net framework update is there and this should fix your problem. For Vista owners go to the start menu and select windows update and make sure you go to select them yourself which will open optional updates and you should find it there. I've sent an e-mail to HPT support and hopefully they'll get the info out to everyone.