Engine Ice

juriha

I was on another forum for street bikes and saw a lot of raves about a coolant called Engine Ice. I am probably going to be getting some to run in my bike and sled. So my question is have any of you run this coolant in your SSS or any auto for that matter? Their website says it can be used in auto applications but it seems like they lean more toward high performance/racing motors. Its pretty pricey at $72 for 2 gallons but they claim a 50* temperature drop just by using this coolant. Edit/side note: They have a car on there running glass coolant pipes...looks badass with this blue coolant running through them...

Link-----> Engine Ice

Edited by GreenMtnSS (see edit history)

I actually got a FREE bottle years back, I think 2007, right about the time I left California. I got it at a car show for free as a gift for a promotion they were doing. I still have the sealed bottle, and recently found it after forgetting about it since i got it... I was, and have been, skeptical about its' actual performance, hence the sealed bottle... lol Give it a try and let us know if it works and how it works. Or I can sell you the one I have, I can double check that it hasnt gone bad...?

I was on another forum for street bikes and saw a lot of raves about a coolant called Engine Ice. I am probably going to be getting some to run in my bike and sled. So my question is have any of you run this coolant in your SSS or any auto for that matter? Their website says it can be used in auto applications but it seems like they lean more toward high performance/racing motors. Its pretty pricey at $72 for 2 gallons but they claim a 50* temperature drop just by using this coolant. Edit/side note: They have a car on there running glass coolant pipes...looks badass with this blue coolant running through them...

Link-----> Engine Ice

I run it in my Aprilia RSVR 1000, and didn't notice a difference. I have a friend that runs it it in his Yamaha R1 and it runs 10* warmer than my R1 with straight water. I'm in Florida...so it gets pretty hot in the summer.

I run it in my Aprilia RSVR 1000, and didn't notice a difference. I have a friend that runs it it in his Yamaha R1 and it runs 10* warmer than my R1 with straight water. I'm in Florida...so it gets pretty hot in the summer.

Thats crazy...however I live in New England and need some kind of an anti-freeze so I dont have the luxury of running straight water...boggles me that they are an established company and water does a better cooling job then their product in the R1...

It seemed so good, until I read this. I was considering anything to keep my testicles from roasting at 210 Degrees.

Ive never heard of anyone running it in a vehicle but arent we supposed to run a certain type of coolant in our trucks? The dexcool stuff? I work on bikes for a living and we build alot of crazy motocross bikes and we run nothing but engine ice in all of them. That stuff works awesome, to the point where I was running it in one of my personal race bikes that also had bigger radiators with engine ice and it was impossible to make it over heat and it would not push coolant out of the over flow at all and it was on a very hot day I know the big radiators played a big part in that but I will reccomend engine ice to anyone with a bike, especially a built one. Im not sure about running it in a silverado though