In Tank fuel pump.

Has anyone on this site actually replaced their in tank fuel pump.

I talked to APE today and they said nobody makes a replacement pump kit yet. The said the only option was to place an inline booster pump or get a KB or MSD boost a pump kit that increases the voltage to the factory pump.

If anyone has replaced, what was the part numbers of the parts and how did you do the install?

Not true.  You could put a Walbro 340 in the tank in place of the stock one.  It runs off of 12vdc, so how can they say one is not made?

I have dual pumps in my tank.  Email racetronix, they're the experts.  Their email can be found at racetronix.com

Ok, let me rephrase their answer. To their knowledge, nobody makes a replacement kit.

Did you do the install Ben? If you did can you give me some information on what all is involved in the replacement? What was the parts needed and numbers?

Not true.  You could put a Walbro 340 in the tank in place of the stock one.  It runs off of 12vdc, so how can they say one is not made?

I have dual pumps in my tank.  Email racetronix, they're the experts.  Their email can be found at racetronix.com

Ok, let me rephrase their answer. To their knowledge, nobody makes a replacement kit.

Did you do the install Ben? If you did can you give me some information on what all is involved in the replacement? What was the parts needed and numbers?

Yeah Vince, I installed them. All the pieces I needed pretty much came with the pumps, except the stuff needed to run two pumps together. The Walbros come with an electrical connection that you can tap into. Pretty easy, although I haven't been able to do an op test on mine yet. Maybe tonight though.

So Ben, did you buy something from Racetronix, or just buy two 340s and wire 'em up?

I didn't have the time to get through them, just bought two pumps and dropped them in. I do plan however, to get their custom dual tank setup that has a hobbs switch for the second pump. They are a slight pain to deal with, but in the absence of nobody else out there, what do you do?

Archived