Lighted Visors In The Ss

90zxdriver

I just finished installing my new Homelink console in my truck (something I have wanted to do since I got the truck) and that re-peaked my interest in swapping out my visors with some lighted ones. I have been researching and see that visors from a Tahoe or Yukon can be made to fit but I am looking for something that is a direct swap. Does anybody know if Avalanche visors will work? It seems like lighted visors were not an option in the Silverado.

I still can't believe I haven't done this yet after years of talking about it. Thanks for reminding me :thumbs:

You can get them from tahoes, yukons, suburbans, and escalades. They have different styles though. I'd look for the same style that's in the SS, just with the lighted vanity mirrors. It's just a matter of running power up the a-pillar and across the inside front of the headliner.

I still can't believe I haven't done this yet after years of talking about it. Thanks for reminding me :thumbs:

You can get them from tahoes, yukons, suburbans, and escalades. They have different styles though. I'd look for the same style that's in the SS, just with the lighted vanity mirrors. It's just a matter of running power up the a-pillar and across the inside front of the headliner.

X2 :withstupid:

The visors themselves mount up in the same location but the 'clip' part is different. I think the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade ones are longer. All the posts I have read on GMFullsize say you have to drill a new hole for the clip and move it a inch or so out and plug the old hole. Quote from over there

"I swapped in a set of denali visors a couple years ago...not MUCH extra work, but they didn't mount in the same location so i had to get a plug to cover the exisiting holes. I planned on recovering the headliner someday, but not sure when that will ever happen."

I was just curious is the Avalanche ones were a direct fit since that is what my Homelink console came out of. Now, if only I had a garage door remote so I could program the darn thing!!! Apartment complex wants $100 for a stupid clicker which is why I spent $50 on the Homelink console, not realizing that I need the clicker to probram the Homelink console. banghead.gif