About To Pick Up My 03 Ss

Joe Louis

I am glad to be part of the SS family! Let me share a little about my self and how I came across my SS. I live out in sunny southern California near LAX airport I've always been a Chevy GM loyal owner my father and my cousins and uncles all drive Fords! Not me Ive had several El Caminos, 2 DR tahoes, and I currently own a 1985 Buick Grand National that's under construction. I have always been a big fan of the Silverado SS trucks but they were always pretty pricey! I sold the El Camino and the Tahoe to try to buy a 2003 SS I finally found one out in Fresno CA, it's a 3 hour drive but it's in my budget! 12K Its a 03 SS clean title, AWD, Gibson headers and exhaust clean in and out, etc. It looks very sharp and well taken care hopefully i will be the 2nd owner! The only down side is that it has 125K. I left a deposit for the truck I will pick it up sometime this week. What should I look for? I appreciate all of the advice in advance and I am proud to be a member of the SS family.

welcome to the family your going to lover your new truck!!

ppl always say to make sure the transmission is good because they start going out around that milage but i have never had 1 problem with my SS

Congrats on finally finding a SS and welcome to the fam man :cheers:

The brakes on the truck are relatively cheap, but the rear seems to wear out faster than the front. Some do have trans problems and develop the front end growl or whine. So listen for a noise that will get louder with acceleration from the front. You would be able to feel the trans slip when driving and know if something isn't right. Listen for engine noises, check the color and smell of the fluids, and makes sure all the electronic features work. You should also look under the truck for any rust, leaks from anything, and visually inspect suspension components and bushings. Also, check body lines and gaps real good to see if any body work has been done. Off color paint or a different texture will tell you repairs were done. Hope these tips help.

Thanks man will do! I see that you also have a 03 SS is it AWD? And black us Blackies have to stick together. I see that colors stick with other colors but of course black is the fastest! LOL

I like the brother ship type feel to this web site! I think I'm gonna love it! Let me ask you a question, how is the gas mileage on the SS?