160* Thermostat

cfresh138

I'm curious why it would run rich if you don't tune for it?

That is what I was told way back before I installed a 160* T-stat. It was explained to me that with-out tuning for the lower temp t-stat the truck would run a-little richer because it would think it was not up to operating temp. Now reading what you wrote, it appears that WOULD be the case if the truck was running/operating below 131* (open loop).

Exact temps I get on my stock thermostat. I usually have the fan set on its lowest running cycle and 190 is the highest Ive got to, probably a couple degrees more. You nailed that on the head. :chevrolet:

You running a scan gauge?

Just the stock one.

edit-stock gauge I mean. I really only drove it when it was under 70ish and at night when its more cool, only times during the day where when I had dr appts and it was lagging in the heat on the pike it was on 190 I believe. I need coolant this time around and plan on swapping the Lingenfelter 160 and hope to see a difference. When its more chilly I can feel the throttle response difference in the truck than if I drove it in the day in the sun.

I have not driven it in a while also. Hope to get it moving this fall maybe, I really dont know yet.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)