True Ss Duramax? How Would You Do It

kench

Has anyone done,heard of,or thought about putting a duramax into a ss? was thinking that the lighter weight of a 1500 would be better, either just putting 3/4 ton axles and drive train or just beefing up 1/2 ton drive train. anything thoughts?

If you transplant a d-max, you'll obviously want the allison trans behind it but you could do a 4l80 if you wanted. You'd have to transfer over the computers (PCM & TCM) the entire engine wiring harness, and the fuel supply system (fuel lines, sender etc.). I dont think the axles would hold up though nor the t-case. But theres only one way to find out LOL! I honestly don't think it would be that hard just really expensive. Here is a company called Durabub, that specializes in duramax conversions. If I were to do it this how. :thumbs:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8yVrko9PhqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

anyone know of anywhere to get the cladding kit besides dealer?

Just do like everybody else and dig. There are some cheap knock offs around the net, but you will want the GM cladding. So get your gloves on, and grab your shovel, cause your going to be digging lolsmash.gif

If you transplant a d-max, you'll obviously want the allison trans behind it but you could do a 4l80 if you wanted. You'd have to transfer over the computers (PCM & TCM) the entire engine wiring harness, and the fuel supply system (fuel lines, sender etc.). I dont think the axles would hold up though nor the t-case. But theres only one way to find out LOL! I honestly don't think it would be that hard just really expensive. Here is a company called Durabub, that specializes in duramax conversions. If I were to do it this how. :thumbs:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/8yVrko9PhqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

no that is awesome!

• 1 month later...