Clicking From The Rear End

I noticed this a week ago, then again a few days ago and then tonight. I am hearing a clicking from what I think is the rear end of my truck. I can only hear it when my windows are down and I am driving very slowly through a parking lot. The faster I go, the faster it clicks. I can't really hear it over 10 mph or so but I think that's due to wind noise and the exhaust on my truck. If I'm on the gas the exhaust drones out the noise, I can only hear it when coasting at idle. It does it if I am driving straight or turning. I haven't noticed any other strange behavior with the truck other than the noise. I'm thinking its probably the G80 going bad. thumbsdown.gif

Not sure if it is related or not but ever since I have had the truck, the tires (i think they are the front ones) seem to slightly squeal when turning in parking lots.

Thoughts? I'm hoping the rear-end isn't doing bad.

I have, when I first noticed the noise, crawled under the truck and checked everything out. Its a different type of noise, more of a metal on metal sound which is why I am thinking the rear end may be the problem. This truck has been very good to me for 15k miles, which is a new record for me. I hope something major isn't about to break... may just be the excuse I am looking for to trade-up and get that 08' Overland Grand Cherokee w/ the turbo diesel I have had my eye on...

Who am I kidding, I love this truck and have a warranty on it! rolleyes.gif But that Jeep....

Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler... all the same thing. Say what you will (especially about their transmissions) but I have had three Jeeps and they actually help up pretty dang good for the way a 16 y/o who just got their license drove them... on and off road. I got 220k out of my first 87 Limited Cherokee. The 08 I have my eye on is bad a$$. turbo diesel, quadradrive II (electronic fully locking axles, front and rear) and just about every option you can think of... rain sensing windshield wipers, standard remote start, back-up cam and sensors, auto leveling HID headlights... the list goes on. Plus with the diesel, it can tow just as much as the SS. Anyway, I digress... I'll have to check the fluid level but I just paid the dealer to change the fluid a few thousand miles ago.

If the tire squeal is what I am thinking of, that is normal. Mine does it all the time. Especially on slick asphalt or concrete. I think its just a combo of the weight of the truck, tires, and turn radius. Hopefully the clicking is nothing serious though.