My New Ss Not Running Smoothly

Hello All, I just bought a 2005 Silverado SS. I love these trucks! It's purchased from a dealer with 70K miles on it. Previous owner added AEM Brute Force and Magnaflow duals. There are no other mods I am aware of. Dealer checked the PCM and said it was stock. It's running a little peculiar.

When first started and put in gear it seems to surge even when stepping on the gas evenly. Once warmed up the idle is a little rough (or lumpy?) and when cruising down the road, again staying even on the pedal the rpms seem to fluctuate slightly. I would think all these things are related?

I took it back to the dealer because it came with a warranty. The check engine light is not on and there are no codes coming up. They tell me they can't find the issue but I know these trucks should run better than this.

I hope I gave enough information and sorry if this is a long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It seems like there is a lot of experience on this website! Thanks for listening!!

Might want to consider cleaning your throttle body, cleaning your MAF sensor, pull one of your spark plugs and check for corrosion, check your plug wire connections at coil and plug, also clean your AEM dry filter.

No when the Stealership "checked the PCM" did they re-flash it w a stock tune and not tell you since you have a warranty and tunes void warranty? I have read b4 where dealers do this.

My 2 SS's and VHO have idled odd, low/high, surged upon startup what ur saying every time I have gotten a new tune or a re-tune and it's "re-learning" after few days, some miles, all is well

Just saying, forgive me everyone if that sounds crazy and if I'm wrong

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

What oil did your dealer put in your engine? When i got my truck it had serious heavy oil in the motor. Ran choppy but a Mobil 1 oil change quickly rid the roughness. I can feel the stock cam in the drivers seat with the 5w-30.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have cleaned the AEM and looked at the MAF sensor - it looks spotless. Also ran about three tanks of super through the truck with seafoam. I cleaned the throttle body but maybe not good enough? It was pretty filthy. Any suggestions on a good cleaning method?

Checking plugs and wires is next on the list.

Again thanks for all the suggestions!

May need to have someone with some logging software run a few logs for you, even pull the tune file to "check" if it is indeed stock. Keep an eye on the CEL and if and when it signals a code, have it pulled and post up what it was. There are quite a few guys on here that can drill down and figure it out.

Hell, you may have a mild cam in there with a stock tune file...