Locking the flywheel...

If you get it in there right, you can brace it against one of the other pulleys. For taking it off, anyway. Putting it on, I always put a big, long, screwdriver through the crank pulley.

Ahhh... yeah. [[bill Lumberg?]]

I took a look at things tonight. It all makes sense now.

I found some of that 1/8" thick by 2" wide stock laying around. It happened to be about 14" in length. I notched it on one side, stuck it in there and let it grab onto a converter mounting lug. The motor is LOCKED with that thing in there.

For S&G's I even used a medium length screwdriver and stuck it in one of the holes in the flywhee/flexplate. That feels pretty good too.

Just wanted to note, that 1/8x2x14" plate of steel couldn't have worked better.

I was surprised at how easy it was to get the bolt out. It was a two minute job. I kept hearing about all of these horror stories...

Just wanted to note, that 1/8x2x14" plate of steel couldn't have worked better.

I was surprised at how easy it was to get the bolt out. It was a two minute job. I kept hearing about all of these horror stories...

Probably would've been a nightmare if you hadn't done all the legwork up front.

Good job :thumbs:

Getting the bolt out was never hard. Getting back in is a different story with the 140 degree turning of the bolt to stretch it. If you put in a torque-to-yield (TTY) bolt. It takes around 240ft lbs (ball park) to meet the 140.

Archived