Intermittent Speedo Problems

My speedometer works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I looked down the other day cruising at HWY speed, and it said I was going 20. The odometer and other gages seem to be correct. At other times, it seems perfectly normal. I have been noticing for some time that it has been jerky. Anybody else have any similar problems? '04 GMC VHO...

My speedometer works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I looked down the other day cruising at HWY speed, and it said I was going 20. The odometer and other gages seem to be correct. At other times, it seems perfectly normal. I have been noticing for some time that it has been jerky. Anybody else have any similar problems? '04 GMC VHO...

i have the same issue as you.

when your speedo is working, tap your key to start, but pull back before the motor turns over, it will reset your speedo little by little. annoying but helpful.

i dont think its a sepper motor issue, mine will work for a day, then stop working for a day, start working while im driving or stop working while im driving.

also when i hit my left blinker it causes the flashers to sometime turn on. so im thinking its the turn signal lever, theres a fatty like 10 wire harness off of it im about to go pull my cluster right now to check it out and see if i have any frayed wires in my steering column

I have actually put my truck in neutral, turned it off, restarted it, and sometimes that fixes it. The AC has blown hot air on my side and cold air on the passenger side before, and this always fixes that. I think my PCM just has a sense of humor.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for recommendation Aaron. Like he said guys all the issues you speak of I can fix for a low cost. I can also do an LED conversion in pretty much any color if you'd like. PM for more info or go to my website http://www.gmgaugeguy.com/.

Also GM will "usually" warranty it if the truck is under 7 years old and under 70k miles.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Thanks for recommendation Aaron. Like he said guys all the issues you speak of I can fix for a low cost. I can also do an LED conversion in pretty much any color if you'd like. PM for more info or go to my website http://www.gmgaugeguy.com/.

Also GM will "usually" warranty it if the truck is under 7 years old and under 70k miles.

Thanks,

Steve

May have a cluster coming your way soon Steve

• 1 month later...

Ive already replaced my passenger blend door and the stepper motors in the cluster

Had the same intermittent problems with the cluster though

Are you saying you still have intermittent issues after replacing the stepper motors?