Hey All, Need To Start Over

crankbearing

Hey Guys,

it's been a while. I need some help. I parked my 03 Red SS today and I bought an 04 Arrival Blue SS that is bone stock other than the mickey mouse exhaust they have installed on it, I drove it three hours home today and my brain hurts from the drone. My 03 Red SS still has the factory exhaust at 190000KM with no leaks. Anyhow, I need to get an exhaust system and I have decided on the dyantech front end and I am up in the air on what cat back system to attach to it. I want to stay with a single outlet not duals.

I like the looks of the magnaflow but I want it to sound close to stock. wheatley will get my spare ecu to fix up once I am have the exhaust installed.

I need some numbers since I did not write anything down when I did the red truck,

What is the spark plug wire part number for 8.5-8.8 wires and I think I am running tr6 plugs. What is the best CAI lately. Mine is the the original FIPK with the chrome tube.

Exhaust is the major I am not even going to drive the truck until this is fixed it is like driving a small block with cherry bombs and turns downs before the axle right now. UGGHHHH

Any updates to the tranny's my 03 has the transgo kit with the corvette servo 1-2 installed right now. with royal purple and a T/A diff girdle.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I will post some pics of the pair when I snap some pics tomorrow.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by David S (see edit history)

I like having two. LOL - My wife and the bank account does not. It is gonna be for sale soon. I got the new bumpers this week, the mirror should be here next week and then it is getting a complete cleaning front to back with all new fluids safetied and e-tested. The 03 Victory Red will have New freshly painted front and rear bumper Covers blacked out ducts, New drivers side Mirror, The drivers side seat is being repaired as it has a rip. New tailgate straps and SS logo, Cleaned inside and out, washed and waxed, Pirelli scorpions 60%, Transgo - HD2, Corvette Servo, MSD Wires, IX plugs, ATE Slotted Rotors with GM Top Ceramic Pads, Russel SS Brake lines, Painted Calipers, New GM Front Wheel Bearings, New Inner Tie Rods, T/A Diff Cover. Royal Purple since I got the truck, Engine, Tranny, Diffs, GM in Transfer Case, New U-joints, Gas Tank Vent Recall Replace (400$) in Canada. Wheatley Tune. Choice of Radio Stock, or Alpine IVA201 with controls and hooked to bose or IVA-203 with controls hooked to the bose. 190000KM all Highway, Truck is still fast the only problem with the truck is a small exhaust tick when cold it is still the stock exhaust and no leak in the pipes or muffler. Towing Package.

I got the window tinting fixed on the blue one, had the carpets and headliner shampooed and dried out properly. Had the magnaflow installed yesterday, What a difference over the mickey mouse exhaust that was on there, I really should have had them take some pics of it. I got the power back. I ordered all my tranny parts, T/A diff girdle, new trans pan. CAI, wires, Plugs, serp belt and all new fluids this weekend.

I am finding somethings different in the 04 over the 03. like my climate control on the 03 I just hit auto and set the dial, I have never had to touch the snowflake for ac on the 04 I do, the seats on the 04 feel a lot higher than on the 03 as well. Maybe it's just me.

it's been a while. I need some help. I parked my 03 Red SS today and I bought an 04 Arrival Blue SS that is bone stock

Damn, I want my day to start off like that :thumbs:

Corsa Touring sounds like a good choice, not loud driving normal. Give it a little wot and it screams.

Edit - I forgot to mention Gibson exhausts. My older brother had the dual extreme (exhaust tipes behind each tire) and it was only slightly louder than stock on the 5.3 Vortec

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)