Rear Brake Dust Shields...

CaboRob

Has anyone had to replace these?It was time to replace the pads on the rear and noticed my dust shields were pretty rusted...

so any help would be greatly appriecated...

thanks,

Rob

Has anyone had to replace these?It was time to replace the pads on the rear and noticed my dust shields were pretty rusted...

so any help would be greatly appriecated...

thanks,

Rob

My Tahoe will need them at the next rear brake job. I was recently told that Napa makes a 2 piece replacement shield that makes replacement easier, might want to check into that.....

I had them replaced, but the work was done at a shop that also did my brakes. So I can't be much help with the details of replacement. They were the least expensive parts of what had to be replaced, though. :-(

My Tahoe will need them at the next rear brake job. I was recently told that Napa makes a 2 piece replacement shield that makes replacement easier, might want to check into that.....

I just got mine replaced the other day and got them from napa i wish they told me they had 2 piece ones because i had to pay to have the axles removed/new seals and fluid to put the single piece ones on .banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I had mine done a month or so ago, it was ridiculously expensive through the dealer, mostly because they were too inept to figure out what was causing the noise back there in the first place. I wish I had known about a two piece one as well, anyone have a part number, I know my passenger side one is rusty too.