Obx Headers ?'S

RebelOne

I have been searching forever now and cant seem to get real clear view on this. If I go with OBX headers, will it hurt my performance when I finally go Forced Induction. I love the look of the stainless steel headers, but not going to pay $1500 for ARH's. Please help me with this issue. Thanks in advance.

So, the 2.5" collectors on the OBX wont hurt the performance on Forced Induction vehicles? Thats awesome. Def. gonna get my set after I get back into the states. Appreciate it guys

So, the 2.5" collectors on the OBX wont hurt the performance on Forced Induction vehicles? Thats awesome. Def. gonna get my set after I get back into the states. Appreciate it guys

Dont be so quick to say that. Your asking a broad question here. When you say forced induction, are you meaning centrifugal, roots, what model of either will determine how much boost you will produce, are you going to keep the factory camshaft?? ect. The faster you force the air in, the faster you need to force it out...essentially. Therefor yes, the OBX's can hurt you in the long run only depending on what you plan to run. I had a set of OBX's when I was cam/converter only. They are great budget headers and fit decent. But ill be honest, you mentioned the 1500 pricetag for the ARH's.....Myself and many others on this board can agree its worth every penny. Always remember, you get what you pay for.

oh, and my set cost me 1250 shipped

and if your FI is turbo then I would say NO.

I run them, and they are nice. But I think the 6.o could use the bigger primaries and collectors. If I was not so turbo inclined I would have looked into the ARH's

Dont be so quick to say that. Your asking a broad question here. When you say forced induction, are you meaning centrifugal, roots, what model of either will determine how much boost you will produce, are you going to keep the factory camshaft?? ect. The faster you force the air in, the faster you need to force it out...essentially. Therefor yes, the OBX's can hurt you in the long run only depending on what you plan to run. I had a set of OBX's when I was cam/converter only. They are great budget headers and fit decent. But ill be honest, you mentioned the 1500 pricetag for the ARH's.....Myself and many others on this board can agree its worth every penny. Always remember, you get what you pay for.

oh, and my set cost me 1250 shipped

I've had this same question as the OP. I had planned to go roots/OBX like we discussed way back when. I had noticed the collectors of the OBX were 2.5" and wondered if that was gonna big enough for FI. Now I'm clear on what to do, thanks 2BFAST as always.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Alright, I guess Im going to have to caugh up the money then. Luckily Im deployed right now, so I'll have the money when I get back. If you can direct me on a place where I can get it cheap, maybe a military discount, that would be great. Thanks

Alright, I guess Im going to have to caugh up the money then. Luckily Im deployed right now, so I'll have the money when I get back. If you can direct me on a place where I can get it cheap, maybe a military discount, that would be great. Thank

Call direct