Model Year Body Changes

87sheerips

I believe the classic 07s were leftover 06s that were DEI SS' that were not badged. Some member from up north had a certificate for an 07 and their were a very limited amount of the classics. Im guessing only 100 2007s because their were 1033 DEI SS' built in 06, however only 933 were badged). I can only recall 3 2007 trucks on this site. Wish I could get the thread that had the canadian member with the certificate for his 07. But that was before the site got a new format.

I could be wrong, hope someone with the correct knowledge can chime in. :chevrolet:

03-05: Awd, VIN: 2GCEK19N, all w leather, heated/power seats, center console. I believe 03 had a different fuel filter location than 04-07, Vortec 6000 engine covers, SS model was a base price

06 into 07 2wd, VIN: 2GCEC19N, optional bench seats, cloth and center console, optional power/heated seats

HD hood and 3 piece front grille shell, "Vortec Max" engine covers, less pricey cuz you had optional choices in these years.

Other things in that time with the 03-07 was the composite bed. I dont believe (correct me if im wronge) that the '08+ had a composite bed. In '05 also they started putting the electric fans under the hood. Until then, they had the fan right on the motor.

Other things in that time with the 03-07 was the composite bed. I dont believe (correct me if im wronge) that the '08+ had a composite bed. In '05 also they started putting the electric fans under the hood. Until then, they had the fan right on the motor.

What do you mean by composite bed? All GM fleetside trucks have steel beds. The only 1500 trucks with the composite beds were the stepsides

to answer the OPs questions your cover will fit 99-07 classic body style 1500 fleetside trucks

What do you mean by composite bed? All GM fleetside trucks have steel beds. The only 1500 trucks with the composite beds were the stepsides

to answer the OPs questions your cover will fit 99-07 classic body style 1500 fleetside trucks

Actually he is right there was a composite fleetside bed option. Post #25 has some pics of it.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-general-discussion-130/composite-truck-beds-405982/page3/

Actually he is right there was a composite fleetside bed option. Post #25 has some pics of it.

<a href='http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-general-discussion-130/composite-truck-beds-405982/page3/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow'>http://www.performan...s-405982/page3

Thanks smoothdime. These trucks lead me into a few theories I have toward the design of our trucks in general. But I am going to tell about That after I do some Photoshop LOL I have seen one of these tail gates close up in a junk yard that was busted. Cheap looking to be honest.

Sent from my Motorola Milestone using Tapatalk

I have seen several of the composite fleetside beds, the tailgate will put you inmind of the avalanche. Me and James was at a junk yard and looked at one that was all busted up and they are cheap looking to say the least....

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-general-discussion-130/composite-truck-beds-405982/page3/

You are correct. It was an option on the Z71 package for a couple years.

The tailgate was even moulded differently & sported the "ProTek" nameplate....

You are correct. It was an option on the Z71 package for a couple years.

The tailgate was even moulded differently & sported the "ProTek" nameplate....

My friend has one of those trucks, its a 2003 Extended Cab Shortbed Z71 with the composite bed. Has the Protek logo on the back too. Its one of the only ones I've ever really seen.

03-05: Awd, VIN: 2GCEK19N, all w leather, heated/power seats, center console. I believe 03 had a different fuel filter location than 04-07, Vortec 6000 engine covers, SS model was a base price

06 into 07 2wd, VIN: 2GCEC19N, optional bench seats, cloth and center console, optional power/heated seats

HD hood and 3 piece front grille shell, "Vortec Max" engine covers, less pricey cuz you had optional choices in these years.

Mine is a 05 and my vin# 2GCEC19N