Lowering Questions

CTSS

I am thinking about lowering my SS with a 3/4 inch drop, I do not have stock rims on the truck they are 20" boss 313, backspacing is 5.264 and a 14mm Offset. I am running a 285/50R20 tire. Im just worried that if I do hit something that the fender is going to eat the tire or will I be okay?

Yikes, a 285 might be wide enough to rub with a drop like that. I'm running 275/45-20's on stock SS wheels and a 2/4 but they don't rub. Your aspect ratio will make a difference too.

Edited by throttlesteer (see edit history)

Yikes, a 285 might be wide enough to rub with a drop like that. I'm running 275/45-20's on stock SS wheels and a 2/4 but they don't rub. Your aspect ratio will make a difference too.

Thats what I was thinking, these where on my old 4x4 silverado so I had some meat on the tires, I might be alright if i just get some new tires

with the djm 3/4 kit its adjustable and wont lose turning radius which i install on customers trucks all the time

front 3 inch a arms you can crank up and will ride better than a spinlde/drop key set up

in rear the kit is adjustable from 3-4 inches

with the djm 3/4 kit its adjustable and wont lose turning radius which i install on customers trucks all the time

front 3 inch a arms you can crank up and will ride better than a spinlde/drop key set up

in rear the kit is adjustable from 3-4 inches

hey norcal would you happen to know if 5 in lower control arm from djm is adjustable to a 4 in?? its a on my 2wd reg cab just wondering if they are adjustable or are they two different lower arms for a 4 and 5 inch drop

hey norcal would you happen to know if 5 in lower control arm from djm is adjustable to a 4 in?? its a on my 2wd reg cab just wondering if they are adjustable or are they two different lower arms for a 4 and 5 inch drop

No the 4 inch a arm is different and the 5 inch lower needs the djm upper also. I posed pics of 5/8 i did on a customers truck on 22s.

No the 4 inch a arm is different and the 5 inch lower needs the djm upper also. I posed pics of 5/8 i did on a customers truck on 22s.

yea i have a complete djm suspension 5 inch lower arms and upper arms front sway bar rear sway bar and 7 in flip kit im rollin on 20's up front but thanks to our ****ed up LA streets my truck hits occasionally and its sometimes annoying so only way of doing it is getting 4 in lower a arms corrrect?

yea i have a complete djm suspension 5 inch lower arms and upper arms front sway bar rear sway bar and 7 in flip kit im rollin on 20's up front but thanks to our ****ed up LA streets my truck hits occasionally and its sometimes annoying so only way of doing it is getting 4 in lower a arms corrrect?

yeah you can keep the uppers and go with the 4 inch lowers. I have like 22 sets here lol

ouch 14mm offset with tha ttire size its going to be close to rear fendelrips.

Ya thats what I was thinking, What tire size should i run on these rims I rather buy new tires then rims

Ya thats what I was thinking, What tire size should i run on these rims I rather buy new tires then rims

well if your doing 4 in front in rear you will have to notch it. and if you do that it will rub. You will need a 255 45 20 to be ok and wont cut up lip. your better off saving up for the right wheels.

well if your doing 4 in front in rear you will have to notch it. and if you do that it will rub. You will need a 255 45 20 to be ok and wont cut up lip. your better off saving up for the right wheels.

Ya well my buddy wants to trade me for his chrome stock wheel for my stock greys so I might just stick with those