Lifting An Ss

johnshea

Guest jasonhensley22

Yes they made the SS in 2wd in 06

:nono: AWD>2WD... Sure the 2WD had the 14 bolt but honestly a 10 bolt can easily be beefed up enough to take our beatings. And we have all disc brakes, no drums like the 2wd...

http://jdfabrication.com/

Their ya go bud, that is a long travel SS. They might be able to help you out with some info as to some things you should stay away from, or certain things to do. Happy lifting!

As I said, glad to see this being done. Tolland cant be to far away from central MA. Get er done and I want to see this beast. :chevrolet:

:nono: AWD>2WD... Sure the 2WD had the 14 bolt but honestly a 10 bolt can easily be beefed up enough to take our beatings. And we have all disc brakes, no drums like the 2wd...

Just so you are aware, the drums on the 06 were an upgrade, not a down grade. Yea a ten bolt can be beefed up. weld the axel tubes to the housing, get rid of the eaton g80 and put in a detroit tru trac

I still want to know what your taking about. He asked if the made a 2wd so I answered him. Please explainconfused.gif AWD>2WD

Guest jasonhensley22

I still want to know what your taking about. He asked if the made a 2wd so I answered him. Please explainconfused.gif AWD>2WD

I'm just rambling really... lol

Guest jasonhensley22

Ya thats pretty clear. How did you get a 3/1 drop? Does not look even close to that in your picture....:confused:

I'm not sure, I just bought the truck a month ago and thats what the owner told me he put on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to do the same thing.... I hear everyone say its a sports truck but its not that sporty.... Stock brakes are junk.... Motor isn't all that great stock...... so it has a " Title" SS what truck doesn't the AWD is whats appealing about lifting it would be great off road with the AWD other than the AWD its absolutely NO different than any other Chevy truck/ GMC Serria Denali they made... What makes it sporty? The plasic body kit? Or just the pre-determined way they made the suspension which would make it a PAIN to lift... I don't blast anyone for what he/she wants to do with THEIR truck.. G.L. tho if you find a kit that works good for ya please PM me so I can go buy it!

Edit: I found the post with the JD Fab link in it. That is awsome, I hope they make a kit for more of a cosmetic lift, like most trucks have, I mean I don't need 15"s of wheel travel for racing sand dunes of mexico or where ever they are... And I don't what to have to replace shet meatal with fiberglass. I just want 6''s of lift for some bigger tires possibly a body lift to make up for the fender clearence..

Edited by J.R.* (see edit history)