Lookin To Quiet My Truck Down

bruiser04

my truck is super loud and im a lil worried if i pull up next to a cop hes gonna light me up and have a look see sorry to post yet another exhaust question but im wondering if anyone has tried this muffler

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-12568/?rtype=10

or any suggestions on what i could do, or what u have done to tame it

thx and again sry for the exhaust question lol

my truck is super loud and im a lil worried if i pull up next to a cop hes gonna light me up and have a look see sorry to post yet another exhaust question but im wondering if anyone has tried this muffler

http://www.summitrac...12568/?rtype=10

or any suggestions on what i could do, or what u have done to tame it

thx and again sry for the exhaust question lol

what muffler are you running now?? i know it may be different.. but my buddy has a magnaflow on his LT1 Camaro and its like 4in or something is gay and he has a donkey dick tip.. with a hot cam in it and its way way quiter than my truck.. i got true dual bullets..

I ran that muffler but with a single 3.5" in/out on my truck with lt's and no cats and it was nice a quiet while cruising but still sounded nice and mean when you put your foot into it. I'd say go for it, or even the 18" version will still be fairly quiet. What are you running now?

yeah those bullets are loud. my buddy had some on his 427 GTO and it was crazy loud. he couldn't even start it in the early morning cause it would wake all his neighbors. i run a hooker muffler and its quite at cruising speeds but its loud when i get on it. i also have DMH cutouts and i always have them open. hell i got pulled over last weekend with them open and i never shut the truck off the entire time the cop was there he never said it was to loud and he said it looked good and sounded good to. :crackup: you should give that muffler a try and let us know how it is.

yeah those bullets are loud. my buddy had some on his 427 GTO and it was crazy loud. he couldn't even start it in the early morning cause it would wake all his neighbors. i run a hooker muffler and its quite at cruising speeds but its loud when i get on it. i also have DMH cutouts and i always have them open. hell i got pulled over last weekend with them open and i never shut the truck off the entire time the cop was there he never said it was to loud and he said it looked good and sounded good to. :crackup: you should give that muffler a try and let us know how it is.

yea man i am setting all my neighbors alarms off at 6 am when i leave for work lol thats a trip the cop didnt sweat u about the cut outs, that is my plan to get some cutouts so if i want i can be loud....if it wasnt my dd i wouldnt worry about it so much.

i just ordered that muffler so we will see hopefully it wont get rid of the cam lope completely

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

yea man i am setting all my neighbors alarms off at 6 am when i leave for work lol thats a trip the cop didnt sweat u about the cut outs, that is my plan to get some cutouts so if i want i can be loud....if it wasnt my dd i wouldnt worry about it so much.

i just ordered that muffler so we will see hopefully it wont get rid of the cam lope completely

yeah around here it just really depends on what cop pulls you over. some can be asses but most are cool. i don't hate on cops to much unless they are bugging me over the dumbest stuff. but i do understand they have a job to do. make a video of the new muffler so we can hear what it sounds like. BTW cutouts are great.

Thats the same muffler I was looking into eventually getting for my truck too, I have the 18" now and it sounded awesome when I had the stock cats but since those burned out I'm gonna get this muffler... Lmk how it works out for u, maybe I'll end up getting it too along with a couple resi's...

-Rob

yea i try to be cool when i get pulled over just cause they can screw me if they really want to u know......but i also live in an area where ther is not a whole lot of crime and cops r bored and are on a power trip...yea cutouts r so fun i was cruisin with angrygreg yesterday and we scared the sh!t out of like a hundred people, do urs leak at all?

@rob ill let u know how the muffler sounds bro im thinkin im gonna post a before and after it doesnt sound bad right now its just soooo LOUD