Gaylord Speedsturr Fit Issues

So I just bought a Speedsturr lid (second hand) and everything is great except a preeeetttty big space between the sides of the truck and the tonneau cover. I can fit my finger between the lid and the rear fenders from the tailgate to the cab with no problem. I really hate the way it looks, it looks like it's the wrong fit for the truck. Has anyone else had this issue? I checked the model number and it's for my year/make/model....

Is there a way to fix this? I have noticed the lid doesn't actually touch the bed-rail underneath, maybe it should and this would make the cover sit lower (where the fender is wider)?

Any info would be appreciated. I almost hate it. banghead.gif

It's dark right now, so no pics yet...

i have the X 2000 on mine and i can only get less than 3/8" of my finger under my lid. the lid should NOT touch the bed rails or the tail gate. if i remember from the inside of the bed lip to where my cover rests when closed is 5". maybe you need to adjust the hinges a little so it will sit lower with out resting on the bed/tail gate..

this is how mine sits..

post-2901-022439800 1312854269_thumb.jpg

Going by the second picture you upped (thanks very much for taking the time to take them), you can see how close yours sits to the sides of the truck. I can fit my whole finger plus 1/2 a finger between the side and the lid.

Pics coming tonight...

Thanks again for the uploads... I don't have the x2000 hinges though, it's just an L bracket with 2 slots that metal tabs sit in. Can only adjust forward and back.

Maybe I just have an older model.