Would Ya Buy...?

Chevy_SS

Hell no, their tearing you a new one. You can go grab an SSI alot cheaper than that with less milage. Ive been keeping my eye out as I want one also. I am set on an SSI, but if I dont find a deal I like, I will be getting a Srt-10, a true sport truck and only 400 or 200 made in the special edition I am looking at. I cant wait to sell my house, got the trucks waiting. Put it this way, their is an SSI in Bristol, CT with less than 100 miles. He wanted 30 or 33grand. You need to find other deals and get this guy down, unless he is willing to flip the bill for a complete 100k service which should run around a grand (I did my 100k service at 50k miles and it was $750).

Nice. Do yourself a favor and have the front diff and tranny checked out by a local dealerhsip and see if you could get a warranty, what they say/respond to will be important because if they dont want to, something might be going on in one of those 2 areas(weak points on these trucks). Will they be willing to do the 100k service for free, or has it been done? Private, dealer?

These trucks seem to be holding value great. I guess 20grand for mine with 64k is too cheap.

Good luck with the purchase!

it a private owner, i had seen all the paper work he kepted, it seem like he changed the diff and transmission fluid already, truck shift very smooth, no vibration at all, its black on black, leather i say about 8 out 10

body is in really great condition. paint is really shinny.

only problem i really see is that it make a little clunk noise while turning steering to the left. (from inside the truck)

Thats the infamous steering shaft. I would personally have him replace it before if I were purchaseing, I believe its about a $200 part and one hour labor $90. Dont want you to get the truck and have to go fix it the 1st month you have it.

He should have done the transfer case also at 100k along with coolant. Im guessing he serviced both diffs....just trying to help you out, he is getting top dollar and you should get a flawless truck. Their are 2 SS' on here with 250k miles and one on youtube with 300k, but they never showed the odometer so I question it. These trucks will last if shown some TLC. :chevrolet: