Need Some Socal Vacation Advice

diggerdan11

So Im going on my Honeymoon in October and we have already booked the flight, hotel, car and Disneyland tickets.

My wife has never been to LA and it has been 10 years for me.

We fly into LAX in the AM on a Wednesday and fly out early after noon the next Tuesday, so we will have basically 6 full days in the SoCal area.

We bought one of those City Passes that give us 3 days in Disneyland/ California Adventure plus 1 day at Universal Studios, 1 day at Seaworld and 1 day at the San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal park. We plan on spending 3 days at Disneyland but the other 3 days were up for whatever.

The day we fly in we were thinking about hoping over to Venice Beach to people watch, then we were thinking about driving up north and doing the whole “Hollywood” experience, maybe check out Hollywood Blvd, Chinese Theater, Drive down Rodeo Drive, Mulholland Drive Etc….

We want to spend Thursday and Friday in Disneyland to avoid lines as much as possible, we would like to go to to San Diego one if not 2 of the days on the weekend.

Does anybody have any other advice on things to do, things to not do, places to stay the hell away from, tourist traps to avoid, and great places to eat???

Six flags, city walk ,universal studios ,the falcon is a good lounge in Hollywood the play house is great if u Want to hit a club and since ur going to b In Sd check out the bars in downtown Sd there just a shit load of things to do just depends what u are in to

You seem to have it pretty well planned out. I'd suggest going north of Venice into Malibu and Zuma Beach. Those are nice. There is also the Getty Museum which is up top Mulholland. $15 for whole day plus a tram ride, if you're into that stuff lol. This gives you an amazing view of all of L.A. Also Griffith Observatory too is nice. Get ready for traffic and to see that the melting pot has boiled over hahahahaha

For food hit up some SoCal landmarks like:

In N Out

Pink's

Carney's

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles

El Coyote

Ruth's Chris

Stinking Rose

Lawry's Steak House

Benihana

My personal fav.: Pinches Tacos (cuz of the name) tacos are only ok

All these are in Hollywood and L.A.

FYI, West Hollywood = :greddy: beware so don't drop your keys or anything

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Thanks for the Advice

I have posted this same question on other sites and most people tell me to stay the hell away from Hollywood, its not as cool as you might think

Hollywood has a lot of bums and crazy people plus it kinda stinks. It's not a good as it looks on tv.

Hollywood has a lot of bums and crazy people plus it kinda stinks. It's not a good as it looks on tv.

lmao, yeah he's right, bums everywhere, heavy traffic and dirty

Just grab a shopping cart with cans and bottles and walk around, you'll blend right in :jester:

here is your local Hollywood resident :jester:

post-9089-082410200 1313079082_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)