diggerdan11

12 members have voted

1. 1. New Setup

• Option #1 Black Chrome
    • Option #2 Gloss Powder Coated
    • Option #3 Powder coat a different tip
    • Option #4 Turndowns
    • Option #5 Keep Original Setup and spend money somewhere else

Ok so i would like to do a different exhaust setup for my truck. Here is my current setup. Dual stainless tips out the back

IMG_1602.jpg

So this is what im thinking. What do you guys think?

Option#1

Dual black chrome oval tips out the side in front of the rear wheel on the passanger side These are my favorite looking tips but there may be a problem. I am afraid of rocks doing damage and chiping off the black chrome and making it look like crap. I have to drive down a dirt raod every once in a while and during the winter they use cinder rock on the ice and snow

Black Chrome Tips

Option#2

These tips are powdercoated so rock chips should not really be as much of a problem. Same setup with dual out the passanger side in fron of the rear wheel im not sure i like how they look as much. and they are 2.25in inlet so i would have to add a a peice to go from 2.5 to 2.25

Gloss Powder Coated

Option #3

Find another Oval tip i like and have it powder coated.

This option may end up being the most expensive one

Option #4

Go with Turndowns and make the ground shake with the glasspacks, and it would be nice to not have tips that i would have to clean all the time because it s a pain in the ass

Option #5

Keep the duals out the back and spend money on something else like say: Interior LED swap

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Interior led swap only costs like 15 bucks lol. otherwise option two infront of rear tire, but only on one side, having one out infront of both tires might be kinda lame in my eyes.

I tried to do the LED swap myself and ended up breaking my HVAC control and Headlight switch. So i decided to have to pros do it (aka Silverado777)

Yeah I plan on doing duals out one side. I guess i should have said rear wheel on the passanger side instead of wheels lol I will fix that.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

I've always been a dual rear exit kinda guy but had to dump w turndowns few days ago, I love it, whole different sound, deeper, mean and like you said the ground shakes. Very happy with it

Yeah dumping it would look nice and i would not have to worry about cleaning it.

My biggest fear with dumping the exhaust is how loud it will be cruisin down the highway at 70mph. It will sound great accelerating but IDK about higher speeds. My glasspacks are hella loud already

I voted for keeping it the way it is and spending money elsewhere, but I wanted to vote for keeping it out the back but getting rid of the tips and dumping them at the rear. Ck out my setup for reference. I'm pretty happy with it. I wouldn't mind hiding the tips a tad higher, but I didn't want a bunch of exhaust all over the back of my bumper. Right now, they are pretty stealthy, easy maintenance, and quiet. If you dump it under the truck, it will be much louder imo. Out back and I think you will be happier and it will still sound bad ass. Good luck.

http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx87/slowfive0/Silverado%20SS/

mine is dumped right now and ill be switching to two stock tips in front of the tire if that says anything.

i love the way it sounds but the drone on the highway on long trips is killer

Yeah that is my fear is the drone driving down the road on long trips

Yeah that is my fear is the drone driving down the road on long trips

dont get me wrong, its definitely bearable now, but im pulling the cats when i put headers on and i think it would be too loud if it were dumped.

if you still have cats or decently quiet mufflers you should be ok with turndowns. mine only really gets on my nerves if im on the highway for more than an hour or so