"Full Metal Jacket" Brand Spray Bedliner.

timflury

My son recently had the aforementioned done to his truck. He lives in the Puyallup Wa. (Ft. Lewis) area. The bedliner comes color matched and it is a hard, glossy finish.

I however, live in the Milwaukee, Wi. area and I would like to know if there is a shop nearby that does this process.

He showed me some pictures from his phone and the liner he had done looked non-existant. He told me it was about 1/8" thick.

My son recently had the aforementioned done to his truck. He lives in the Puyallup Wa. (Ft. Lewis) area. The bedliner comes color matched and it is a hard, glossy finish.

I however, live in the Milwaukee, Wi. area and I would like to know if there is a shop nearby that does this process.

He showed me some pictures from his phone and the liner he had done looked non-existant. He told me it was about 1/8" thick.

Well, I pulled up their website and found the following:

http://www.specialty-products.com/contact-spi/locations

The spray chemical is polyurea.

Seems that they only have two locations in the lower 48. One is near Ft. Lewis, one in Dallas, Tx, and one in Anchorage.

Well, I pulled up their website and found the following:

http://www.specialty-products.com/contact-spi/locations

The spray chemical is polyurea.

Seems that they only have two locations in the lower 48. One is near Ft. Lewis, one in Dallas, Tx, and one in Anchorage.

3 potential problems with FMJ:

1. It's 100% polyurea, it will be hard as a freaking rock! A better choice is a bedliner that's a hybrid polurethane/polyurea.

2. Their product is aromatic meaning it will be black and shiney when new. But, in 3 to 4 months, it will lose its gloss and then in about a year or soe, it will have begun to fade to gray.

3. They don't offer a NATIONWIDE lifetime warranty. Risk there is that if you have a problem and your dealer goes out of business, you have no warranty.

Edited by Truckster (see edit history)

3 potential problems with FMJ:

1. It's 100% polyurea, it will be hard as a freaking rock! A better choice is a bedliner that's a hybrid polurethane/polyurea.

2. Their product is aromatic meaning it will be black and shiney when new. But, in 3 to 4 months, it will lose its gloss and then in about a year or soe, it will have begun to fade to gray.

3. They don't offer a NATIONWIDE lifetime warranty. Risk there is that if you have a problem and your dealer goes out of business, you have no warranty.

Good points.

As to point #2, I have a tonneau cover as well as a rubber bed mat. Does this fade from sunlight??

I don't really care about scratches, as long as they don't go to the primer.

I'm stuck with looking for the hybrid formula anyway. I live no where near the locations mentioned.