Fast 102 Install Questions.

rods0341

I recently came back from deployment and I am finally going to install my FAST 102 manifold, 102 TB and FAST fuel rails. My truck is an 01 silverado with a 5.3 with California Emissions. My questions are as follows:

will I need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator because I am using the FAST fuel rails?

those with FAST fuel rails could you post pics on how you have the fuel lines setup? I am especially concerned with the return line.

Thanks in advance yall...

If I am thinking of the correct part, those are relatively new and you might even be one of the 1st select few who are installing that on the 5.3, I havent seen or heard about one on the LQ9s yet, unless they are talking about it in gasoline alley for the supporting members only.

Im sure someone will chime in, but you might be the guinea pig.

Guest jasonhensley22

Hes okay for posting here, the 6.0's.really aren't all that different from the 5.3's. I'm sure someone will chime in who knows about your question. Good luck!

I'm not saying he can't post here, i'm just thinking if he has a 5.3 question he might get better answers on a different forum? I'm not sure how different it would be...

If I am thinking of the correct part, those are relatively new and you might even be one of the 1st select few who are installing that on the 5.3, I havent seen or heard about one on the LQ9s yet, unless they are talking about it in gasoline alley for the supporting members only.

Im sure someone will chime in, but you might be the guinea pig.

Definitely not in Gasoline Alley, trust me on that.......

I'm not saying he can't post here, i'm just thinking if he has a 5.3 question he might get better answers on a different forum? I'm not sure how different it would be...

He should be able to get the same answers here, we really don't turn anyone away seeing how there are many people on our boards who have experience with all different walks of life from GM.

Get in touch with Charlie Wheatley, I know he has done the FAST 102 swap on his LQ4, and may be able to answer your questions.....

Talk to silverado_ss_04. He has the FAST 102 on his 6.0l. He has the 90mm tb though.

What all do you have done to the truck to justify putting the 102 on the 5.3L?

As far as your question goes about the regulator, if you do run a different FPR, run it after the rails. Meaning that the fuel will flow through the rails and injectors then to the FPR back to the tank. I will tell you that you can easily have just as much money wrapped up in the fuel system as the intake costs, so the setup will depend on how much money you want to spend. You can run a single inlet to one rail, then a crossover to the other, then the fpr on the outlet of the rail back to the tank. Or you can run a single upgraded feed line with a Y feeding both rails, then the other end of the rails to each inlet of the FPR, then the return line back to the tank etc...... There are tons of ways, but looks, function, and money all play in how you want to do it.

Talk to silverado_ss_04. He has the FAST 102 on his 6.0l. He has the 90mm tb though.

What all do you have done to the truck to justify putting the 102 on the 5.3L?

As far as your question goes about the regulator, if you do run a different FPR, run it after the rails. Meaning that the fuel will flow through the rails and injectors then to the FPR back to the tank. I will tell you that you can easily have just as much money wrapped up in the fuel system as the intake costs, so the setup will depend on how much money you want to spend. You can run a single inlet to one rail, then a crossover to the other, then the fpr on the outlet of the rail back to the tank. Or you can run a single upgraded feed line with a Y feeding both rails, then the other end of the rails to each inlet of the FPR, then the return line back to the tank etc...... There are tons of ways, but looks, function, and money all play in how you want to do it.

cool thanks man, i will hit him up.

Right now the truck only has exhaust and cai, I would cam, but I am going to boost eventually so that cam may not be good for boost.

hmmm i'll have to see what I decide to do. Why do I have to run the fpr after the rails? Is that how it is supposed to be ran?

Definitely not in Gasoline Alley, trust me on that.......

He should be able to get the same answers here, we really don't turn anyone away seeing how there are many people on our boards who have experience with all different walks of life from GM.

Get in touch with Charlie Wheatley, I know he has done the FAST 102 swap on his LQ4, and may be able to answer your questions.....

Thats right he was telling me he had a FAST 102. After all he did end up tuning my pcm for the FAST thanks man.

Easyer there man. Take it easy on our small displacement brother. We all bleed Chevy orange here. Now if he was asking about a Furd, then I would tell him to go pound sand.

Guest jasonhensley22

Haha why does everyone think i'm being hard here? I'm just saying he might get BETTER answers on the other forums because the motors are different? Just trying to help the guy out thats all. I wouldn't go to a Camaro SS forum to get answers about my truck?