Magnaflow Tru X Muffler?

Jordan836

I was just curious if any of you guys out there that run the DI/DO magnaflow tru x muffler the one with the built in x pipe have any sound clips of it preferably with long tubes?? My current set up now with my longtubes is no cats custom 3in 2 into 1 Y pipe into a SI/SO 5x8 14in magnaflow and I have it exiting infront of the rear tire with the stock SSS tip and it sounds good at idle and when cruising but it has a terrible terrible rasp everywhere else at first I thought it was an exhaust leak but I made sure everything was sealed up and its still the same. So I was going to try that DI/DO tru x magnaflow and just run it out under the bed. It seems like alot of people like that muffler I just kind of want to hear how it sounds with longtubes before I go out and spend the money. I just tried youtube but couldnt really find to much.

i just changed from 2 magnaflow 14 in bullets to this muffler u r talkin about and with cam lt's blower and some other miner mods its super quiet and no rasp...it was so bad with the 14 inchers i also ran the pipes just past the rear axle and i have no drone

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/71899-lookin-to-quiet-my-truck-down/

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

Thats really good to know. I dont really mind quiet but I still want it to have some grunt to it too. Like one thing I like about my set up now is when I start the truck everyone around hears it and looks and it just sounds mean when your cruising down the highway but I honestly get embarassed to get on it because it almost sounds like theres a thin metal flap on the end of the exhaust or an even better way to describe it is a aluminum playing card flapping at the end of the exhaust tip its so annoying. I wouldnt mind my set up at all right now if it didnt have the terrible rasp. Part of me was kind of thinking that the stock SSS tip might have something to do with it? Or just that the muffler is too short. I must have listened to a zillion different sound clips of every muffler possible over the past few months and I just cant decide what I want to do. Basically im worried that if I swap it out for the tru x one and it ends up being too quiet than I wont like it and then ill be in the same situation. But I know what you mean about the bullets. I had one on my regular silverado with LTs and no cats and dumped under the cab and the drone was so bad it souned like I had a 30in subwoofer in my back seat just resonating it was brutal. You wouldnt happen to have a sound clip of the tru x would you? I know the cam and blower will make it sound different but a sound clip would still be good. Thanks for the help

i dont have a sound clip cause i just put it on yesterday but ill try and get one up here im horrible at tryin to figure that stuff out....as far as the rasp, the sound u r talkin about was what i just dealt with for like 2 years. the new muffler has a deeper mellower tone to it but i do wish it was a lil bit louder so im just gonna order some cutouts...its good for the cop factor though before it was a bust with it just chopping so loud, at stop lights people would just look at the freak show and if a cop pulled up i was gonna get a ticket so this muffler is definitely a lot tamer

Ya I feel like its near impossible to find the perfect set up. I was also looking at the borla xr 1s alot of people seem to like those too. But i cant even imagine how loud your truck must have been with those bullets and the cam, those things will definitley attract some unwanted attention!

it was a bust fer sure setting of my neighbors car alarms at 6 am

Ya I know that feeling my current set up will set off car alarms. Definitley not the type of attention I want haha

I have stock manafolds, with magnaflow hi flow cats and the magnaflow 14in X pipe muffler going dual straight out the back and I love it it, Sounds deep, no drone, not raspy and no popping when u let off the throttle, I had a flow master on before that and it sounded like shit, droned bad, I dont have a sound clip, It does set off the occasional car alarm but not like all the time

I dont think I can run the 14in one because they dont make on that DIDO 3in inlet and outlet and my Ypipe is 3in. So Id have to run the 24in one and my only worry with that one is it will be too quiet. The next worry I have is currently my Y pipe is 3in 2 into 1 now and im kind of worried that if I go to a DIDO muffler with the 3in Y pipe that it might decrease back pressure and I will loose some throttle response unless the internal X pipe will make up for it no longer being 2 into 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Im running the Tru-x on my truck with Longtubes and no cats....also running a 224r Cam. Love the sound of this muffler....Previously had chambered mufflers and the drone was unbearable. I eliminated almost all drone with the magnaflow. IDK if im just getting old at 24, but the TRU-X is still very loud on my truck, not as loud as the chambered mufflers, but still scares people on the sidewalk. Heres my truck in the 1/8, sound quality sucks but you get the idea.....