Paintless Dent Removal

Hey All ...

I noticed that someone at work was nice enough to door ding the bed of my truck, and leave a huge crease. The dent bugs the SH*T out of me, because I know it's there. So, everytime I drive my truck, I stare at the crease. The crease is bad, but I don't think it's bad enough to have to do a full body shop repair. That being said;

I was wondering if anyone on the site has tried any of the "Paintless" Dent Removal systems/companies?

If you have done the Paintless Dent Removal, I have a few questions. How did it turn out? Quality job? Cost? Any companies up in the Northeast you could recommend?

I've seen a couple of the truck roaming through the county, just don't know if I can count on them?

I have always been impressed with the paintless dent removal guys. Usually, if they can't fix it, they can tell you before they even start, and they will not charge you if they can't fix it. If you have a relationship with a local car dealer, they can point you in the right direction for a a good paintless dent removal guy. Most of the time they charge between $100 and $150.

Edited by scrapinby (see edit history)

Last summer my wifes car got hit with hail pretty bad. the damage was like $3800. They removed everything by PDR paintless dent repair and it turned out great. in fact it got hailed on again a few months back and it will be getting PRD again. i would just take it to a trusted autobody shop. wizard is who did ares and it turned out nice. im not sure rather they can take out a crease. good luck in whatever path you take.

heres that dents im talking about and they got them got. you could even see where they were.

IMG_4500.jpg

I AM a PDR guy. Have been for 12 years. Yes absolutely a crease can be fixed. And it can look perfect if the guy is any good. Just please make sure he doesn't drill unnecessary holes. Should be able to get it thru the tail light unless it's toward the front of the bed. You might be looking at a bit more than a hundred bucks though.

Pm me if you have any questions.

Doug

Ps: get the screen name? I used to work for Dent Wizard years before my own biz.

Thanks Guys ...

I called my buddy who owns a Body Shop ... He said he has the "Hot Glue Pull" or something. He said bring it down, and that if he can't do it, he'd call in his PDR guy.

Either way it is better then getting the whole panel done over ...

Once again ... Many Thanks... :thumbs:

Thanks Guys ...

I called my buddy who owns a Body Shop ... He said he has the "Hot Glue Pull" or something. He said bring it down, and that if he can't do it, he'd call in his PDR guy.

Either way it is better then getting the whole panel done over ...

Once again ... Many Thanks... :thumbs:

Good call. Be careful of glue pulls though. I have seen where paint has been pulled off with a glue pull. I would just have him call the PDR guy out, especially since it is creased.

A glue puller is not the way to go about fixing a crease. they are usually used for dents not creases. Just find a GOOD PDR guy and get it fixed. A bodyshop guy with a glue gun may not be the answer. Glue pullers do not have the "preciseness" that can be done by hand.

Anyhow good luck and let us know how it goes.

Wiz

• 3 weeks later...

Update ...

I stopped by my buddy's place, the one who owns the Body Shop. He just purchased a 2011 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab ... It actually had 4 dings in the hood from hail. (Truck came from Springfield, MA - They had the F3 Tornado a couple months ago.)

So, the dealership stated that they would send the Paintless Dent guy to his shop free of charge. My buddy says that the guy they are sending is Spectacular in his work. So my buddy just said wait for him to show up, and he will skip trying to fix it himself. So, when the guy shows up, I'm bringing my truck down for two dings and Waterboy's truck has a hood ding from hail ...

So ... I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again for your help ... :thumbs: