Please Help

biggun824

i used to get REP mode before i put the radix on. usually it was the plug for the throttle body comming every so slightly loose. i just went under the hood and made sure all the big wire harnesses were in right and it would go away

right on man yeah i made sure and then next day i hoped in and the check engine light was gone and it was all fine,

Does the dash display "REDUCED ENGINE POWER"? 99% of the time, when the truck is in Reduced Power Mode (aka limp home mode) it is because there is a fault detected in:

1) the drive-by-wire throttle body system (throttle body, gas pedal, TAC module, or any wiring in-between)

2) the transmission (too hot, slippage detected, pressure problem detected, etc)

3) a mismatch in some PCM tune settings

4) broken ground wire at the back of the engine block (little black wire by oil sending unit, grounds the PCM - I've done this)

There are other things that can trip REP mode, but those are the biggies.

BUT - since your truck does not display "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" then I am going to guess that the truck has no air cleaner, or a poor air cleaner, and that after removing the headlight something foreign has screwed-up the MAF sensor and it needs cleaning or replacing. Also, check for loose wires at the MAF sensor as well.

Scan the truck and reply back with the actual PCM fault codes and that will pinpoint where the PCM thinks the issue is at.

Mr. P.

its all good now thanks

Edited by biggun824 (see edit history)