Earthquake

Blick05SS

Are the buildings/freeways(we call em) and under/over passes on the east coast earthquake retrofitted like over here?

No, that is why a real earthquake would be so devastating out here. Amtrak has all trains on the NorthEast Corridor running at restricted limits which barely occurs maybe once a year during a blizzard.

No, that is why a real earthquake would be so devastating out here. Amtrak has all trains on the NorthEast Corridor running at restricted limits which barely occurs maybe once a year during a blizzard.

I ride the Northeast Corridor on New Jersey Transit from NYC to Trenton NJ everyday. Ask us commuters... they run restricted speeds every day!

glad everyone's all right.. :thumbs:

the big thing is the geology difference between the east and west cost, is why you only felt a very little. in LA. a 5.7 would have done a lot more damage then just some buildings shaking a bit..now where i live we don't get the shakers, we get the rollers. we had a 6.5 hit some years ago about 8 mi. from the house, and you could see the the valley floor roll like waves as it went across. the coolest part was seeing the mountain range 20 mi away float up and down..

good luck..

First time experiencing something like this and this was definitely and oh shit moment. I was at work and we though someone was moving some heavy equipment over top of us. Then the building shook and knocked somethings off the wall. Immediately got my ass under a table. They evacuated the building and I rolled the hell out. Work in the Reston area and got low heading back to to the southern MD area.

I ride the Northeast Corridor on New Jersey Transit from NYC to Trenton NJ everyday. Ask us commuters... they run restricted speeds every day!

Your lucky Hank! Even though I can understand the delays are a pain but trains and trucks are my life and hobbies. I was supposed to test drive brand new multi million dollar locomotives right out of the shop for Union Pacific, now lets try fitting one of those turbo's into our trucks:jester:

I wonder how the Acela was affected? Thats the only thing keeping Amtrak alive.