My Project

codyruane

First off changed my name from hi-line-ss due to not living on the hi-line of Montana anymore. Figured it was appropriate.

I know that many on this site are die hard Chevy fans but I love all vehicles. I have attached my main project, a 1965 Mustang Coupe, that I have rescued from a junk yard about a decade ago. I had it painted black with silver stripes (yup I am a Raiders fan), took out the 289 and put in a 347 stroker in which I expect 450 to 475 N/A horsepower at the flywheel (I can share some specific specs later if anyone wishes) and also have a Paxton SC waiting til after fire up and break-in. I put in subframe connectors, polygraphite suspension, thicker front/rear sway bars, put in 3.89 Richmond gearing in the rear, with a Borg Warner T10 4 speed. I can only build for so long or put a limited amount of money into it as my wife does not view the project as a financial priority (hence over 10 years now).

The yellow car in my back is my old man's. It is a 1970 Torino Cobra that he bought from the factory new in 1970. It has 31000 original miles. It is well equipped with the 429 Super Cobra Jet, Ram Air, and Drag Pack. we had the engine built several years ago and it dyno'd at 598 HP N/A at the flywheel. I wish I had the paperwork on it but he has it with him in South Dakota where he resides. I just keep his car in my garage! ;-)

Just thought I would share my pics and progress...enjoy (had to make a photobucket account as my pics were too big)

http://photobucket.com/gymratss

You oughta put a ls style engine in the mustang, but a SC on a ford engine is decent enough. peelout.gif

A Chevy engine in a Ford is blasphemy. It would be like putting a 5.0 into a Corvette! Made me sick to see a Skyline motor in a Mustang during Tokyo Drift. :jester:

A chevy engine in a ford is a hotrod. A skyline engine in a ford is greddy.gif. thumb.gif Putting a 5.0 in a vette would mean another gm bankruptcy. Plus tokyo drift was only the stupidest fast and furious ever, what a screw-up that whole movie was. banghead.gif But all jokes aside, it's a hell of a project you got there.

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)