Ac Delco Rotors

f1ss

I am going to begin a complete brake change and will be collecting parts soon. I came across some AC Delco cross drilled and slotted rotors on stylintrucks (yes I know stlyin is cheesy, but was suprised to find AC Delco rotors, especially cross drilled and slotted). I am stock now, and wont be putting up big hp numbers soon (as I will be collecting go-faster parts after the brake swap). I was happy enough with the stock brakes when I bought the truck, I always leave alot of room between the car in front of as I know these stock brakes arent the best. When I do push the truck to its limits, brakes are not a worry (sounds stupid, but brakes would only put me in the woods with this certain act of pushing the truck).

So my question is, has anyone tried these cross drilled and slotted rotors? Any feedback/input is appreciated. My stock brakes made it to 64k, and that is good enough imo to go buy the same until braking is an issue with bigger hp gains down the line.

I will be adding s/s lines, Motul brake fluid, and the 05+ front brake conversion.

Thank you in advance everyone.

I did a search for a 2003 and these were the results. I did search under a 2005 SS as I want the bigger front setup. One problem I am having is with the pads, organic, ceramic or metalic compound. However, only one set is for awd (front pads) and for the rear only one is for the B4U code (check out the notes at the bottom of info).

Link to AC Delco parts

http://www.stylintrucks.com/st/?PN=1104000090+4294860597&VN=4294967180+4294966993+4294965824+4294964669+4294965815&Ne=1104000000&N=0&Nu=P_PF_Code_2&refType=Brand&refValue=AC%20Delco

Link to front driver side rotor (when you narrow selections down, just make sure you select the cross drilled and slotted rotors under the design specification or you can choose the OEM brake types which are the ones on truck from factory; not cross drilled or slotted)

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/ac_delco_disc_brake_rotor/ACBR7113.aspx?attributes=1104000090_4294860597_4294852360_4294860307_4294863009

Guest jasonhensley22

Why not upgrade to Baer brakes or something similar? I am about to do brakes as well and have read a lot of good reviews about the Summit Racing slotted and drilled rotors.

I agree a BBK would be best, but I dont drive fast and the stock brakes worked perectly fine for me. When I do splash into big mods I will then have no other choice for safety's sake to go with a BBK. Right now just doesnt make sense, rather save the extra coin and put that toward the mods I am going for.

Why not upgrade to Baer brakes or something similar? I am about to do brakes as well and have read a lot of good reviews about the Summit Racing slotted and drilled rotors.

I just took off a set of summit drilled and slotted rotors......CRACKED!!M16.gif

Only went through one set of pads too.

I agree a BBK would be best, but I dont drive fast and the stock brakes worked perectly fine for me. When I do splash into big mods I will then have no other choice for safety's sake to go with a BBK. Right now just doesnt make sense, rather save the extra coin and put that toward the mods I am going for.

Then stick with stock and upgrade to stainless steel lines. Or look into Hydro Boost.

Then stick with stock and upgrade to stainless steel lines. Or look into Hydro Boost.

I was thinking about that exactly with the brakes shown. The hydro boost would be the best remedy no question. I just have to get the truck back on the road and do essentials, then onto mod purchasing this winter and next year will be good I hope.