Spark Plugs.......

ssspringer

Thanks....any experience with the E 3's ??

Stay away from them, there were members here who tried them last year with not so good results.....guys were having a misfiring issue and CEL issue because of those plugs.....

Stay away from them, there were members here who tried them last year with not so good results.....guys were having a misfiring issue and CEL issue because of those plugs.....

yep remember posts on that plus major loss of mpg for some reason after switching over

NGK TR55ix with the factory gap.

FYI: If using an iridium tip spark plug, do not try to gap the plugs. You can check the gap, but do so carefully as the tip can easily break. It is not recommended to set the gap with the Iridium plugs.

NGK TR55ix with the factory gap.

FYI: If using an iridium tip spark plug, do not try to gap the plugs. You can check the gap, but do so carefully as the tip can easily break. It is not recommended to set the gap with the Iridium plugs.

Thanks,i've heard of this...I need to do this soon!!

Guest jasonhensley22

Been researching myself, I found the TSB that GM released saying that if you use an Iridium tipped plug, make sure you get one with a .040 gap, not .060. But if you say go to summit racing and type our vehicle in it recommends the NGK TR55IX plugs... so confusing. So i'm just gonna go by what GM Said:

Platnum or Copper tips: .060 gap

Iridium tips: .040 gap

Edited by jasonhensley22 (see edit history)

Subject: Information on New Spark Plugs and Gapping #03-06-04-060 - (10/24/2003)

Models: 2004 Buick Ranier

2002-2004 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

2004 Cadillac CTS-V

1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette

1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro

1999-2004 Chevrolet Silverado

2000-2004 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe

2002-2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

2003-2004 Chevrolet Express, TrailBlazer

1999-2004 GMC Sierra

2000-2004 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

2001-2004 GMC Yukon Denali, Yukon XL Denali

2002-2004 GMC Sierra Denali

2003-2004 GMC Envoy XL

1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird

2004 Pontiac GTO

2003-2004 Hummer H2

with 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L or 6.0L V-8 Engine (VINs V, P, T, Z, G, S, N, U -- RPOs LR4, LM4, LM7, L59, LS1, LS6, LQ9, LQ4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new spark plug has been released for use in the above vehicles. The new spark plug has an Iridium tip instead of the current Platinum tip. Due to the different tip design, the gap of the spark plug has also changed. The new spark plug, P/N 12571164 with AC Delco P/N 41-985, is gapped to 1.01mm (0.040 inches) when the spark plug is made. The spark plug gap is set during manufacturing and should not be changed or damage to the spark plug may result. Any new spark plug found to not be properly gapped should not be used.