Gas ?

mr84ss

whats up fam. my dad has a 03 silverado and im bout to buy a ss. i was reading that you have to run premium gas in it. its this true and what will happen if you run regular gas in it. thanks in advance.

Anything below 91 and your engine will take a big crap on ya, your gas milage will also decrese. It wont crap the bed immediately but will after repeated use (honestley dont know how long, but that is why the manual says 91 octane only). Have to pay to play with these trucks. I wont even run 91, only Sunoco 93, Shell V-Power 93, and Mobil 93. I wont even touch Cumberland Farms, Hess, BP or any other cheap gas station.

I wish we had 93 In SoCal. Damn tree hugger state

ROFL I feel you brother WA was the same way when I was there

Here in Korea the low grade fuel is 92, mid is 95 and high is 98 wish we had there octaine levels in the states

ROFL I feel you brother WA was the same way when I was there

Here in Korea the low grade fuel is 92, mid is 95 and high is 98 wish we had there octaine levels in the states

WTF!?!?!?! bring some back for me and I will gut my cats :jester: . I remember when Sunoco use to carry 103. Put that in an E36 M3 and easily tell the difference.

My buddies dad used to race alot, and had a 300gal tank of 110 at his house. We would take our street bikes and quads over there and fill them up. He only charged us $2 a gallon when it was about $4 something at the track. There is a station about 25min away that sells 103oct.

To the OP: There are alot more benefits to running the proper grade fuel than the con of the price to fill up.