Hurricane

ShortBus

I hope this thing is a record breaker, Ive been waiting to long since Hurricane Andrew for a nasty storm. I hope this causes some serious damage. Have to setup my lawn chair on my covered deck and hope I see some trees uprooted/falling over. Bring it Irene were overdue!

For once my state is not getting hit. I'm sure we will still have at least four hit us like we do every year, but it feels nice to have power when other people don't. biggrinjester.gif

After Katrina we did not have power for over three weeks. Not to mention, nothing was left.

were dealing with 30 mph winds now its supposed to go up to like 50-80 tommorow morning. the SS is safely tucked away i made sure of that. damnnn first FD call of the night just came threw as i wrote that laterr

Today is my day off. Unfortunately my whole Department is ordered in on mandatory OT. Falling trees, road closures and the evacuation of possible flooded low lying areas. Yup, 3p-7a ... 16 hrs of tropical storm/hurricane fun.

Damage so far isn't too bad, mostly just rain so far ... :thumbs:

Posted from my HTC Incredible II Droid ...

Weather didn't get bad here on the coast. Got maybe 1" of rain and it's been windy all day. Going on 12hrs with no power but luckily we have a generator that runs the whole house, so we are the only peeps on the street with power. Unfortunately the cable, phone, and Internet services are also down.