Help Me With A Drop!

stg313

So like the title states, I have a 2011 Silverado crew cab 4wd. I am looking to lower it but I really dont know crap about it. Having just sold an STI I am familiar with the concept of coilovers, however any other type of drop is beyond my understanding. I have been told that lowering a 4wd truck can ruin my "cv boots" (?) but like I said, I really dont know much. So my question to you guys is, how low can I go? Anyone have any suggestions for a setup? Thanks.

So like the title states, I have a 2011 Silverado crew cab 4wd. I am looking to lower it but I really dont know crap about it. Having just sold an STI I am familiar with the concept of coilovers, however any other type of drop is beyond my understanding. I have been told that lowering a 4wd truck can ruin my "cv boots" (?) but like I said, I really dont know much. So my question to you guys is, how low can I go? Anyone have any suggestions for a setup? Thanks.

untrue. you can drop them down no problems ive done 4/6 no issues at all.

main questions//

1) what does the truck measure from ground to fednerlip all around? or from center wheel to fenderlip??

2) does the rear have the lifting block still between teh rear axle and leaf spring?

3) if it does how big is the block?

Usually belltech spidnles and 4 inch rear kit with new rear belltech shocks your ready to roll.

Anything else just hollar.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

untrue. you can drop them down no problems ive done 4/6 no issues at all.

main questions//

1) what does the truck measure from ground to fednerlip all around? or from center wheel to fenderlip??

2) does the rear have the lifting block still between teh rear axle and leaf spring?

3) if it does how big is the block?

Usually belltech spidnles and 4 inch rear kit with new rear belltech shocks your ready to roll.

Anything else just hollar.

Sweet, I figured that would be the case but Im really glad to hear Im right!

1. Here ya go:

Ground to bottom of front fender is 14 inches and 19 inches in the rear

Center of front wheel to top of wheel well is 22 inches in the front and 24 inches in the rear

2. Yes

3. 1.5 inches.

If I can get away with a 4/6 that would be amazing, but a 5/7 would be even better! I just had some concerns about the pieces not fitting a 4wd truck because IDk how many different parts there are that could stop the kits from working on a 4wd truck. Your continued help is seriously appreciated!

Sweet, I figured that would be the case but Im really glad to hear Im right!

1. Here ya go:

Ground to bottom of front fender is 14 inches and 19 inches in the rear

Center of front wheel to top of wheel well is 22 inches in the front and 24 inches in the rear

2. Yes

3. 1.5 inches.

If I can get away with a 4/6 that would be amazing, but a 5/7 would be even better! I just had some concerns about the pieces not fitting a 4wd truck because IDk how many different parts there are that could stop the kits from working on a 4wd truck. Your continued help is seriously appreciated!

well if you did front spidnles you would be at 20 inches in front

rear remove the block would bring you to 22.5 and then add 2 inch shackles brings you to 20.5

Would that be low enough or you want it lower

So step above would be

belltech front spindles

belltech 3 inch rear kit

If thats not low enough you can do a 3/5 kit but that will seriously add hundreds since front you will need the drop struts plus camber kit. in rear 5 inch flip kit plus new shocks.

hoenslty id start with the kit I said above. email me at [email protected] i can't get on here all the time but I can tell you what parts to get to make it work for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly Danny, its exactly the help I was looking for. Tony is a great guy who is a big help in suggesting suspension mods, he just happens to sell it too. Hence the reason for such knowledge.

Thanks again Tony! I will post pictures of the drop when I get it installed, hopefully the week of October 8th.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly Danny, its exactly the help I was looking for. Tony is a great guy who is a big help in suggesting suspension mods, he just happens to sell it too. Hence the reason for such knowledge.

Thanks again Tony! I will post pictures of the drop when I get it installed, hopefully the week of October 8th.

I am hanging on this thread for pics as I am looking to do a 2/3 or 3/4 on my '11 SD.