Lt Header Install

mattwizard

Anyone have any recommendations of a shop or someone that could install a set of Pacesetter long tube headers as well as either delete the cats or relocate the cats.

2 shops in my areas want me to either but shorties on or really dont want to do it because they do not have experience.

thanks,

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/59108-pacesetter-lt-header-install/ :takealook:

I just installed a set of these on a truck and the only thing I can see missing in the How-To is you need to remove your engine oil dipstick.

Best part is driving it open header to exhaust shop :laugh:

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Dude samething happened to me, two exhaust shops refused to weld up my pipes after the install. Thank to badasssilvy(aaron) helped me amd i was lucky enough to find a great welder who helped me save money by using my stock Y pipe. Why dont you just delete the cats? I regret not deleting them. Good luck.bro.

So if an exhaust shop is hesitant to install these or "isn't experienced enough" than I'd look elsewhere. With basic tools you can get this done yourself. Also keep in mind physically deleting the cats with also require a PCM re-tune to also delete the code from throwing the CEL and re-tune to utilize the mod itself.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

You can do it yourself, it just takes patience. I installed my Dynatech headers w/ cats in about 5 hours (leisurely) w/ the assistance of a friend.......use a lift if possible. Drove to the muffler shop to weld in a dual in/out Magnaflow, .....got a lot of stares driving to the muffler shop but it was fun.

IMG-20110719-00204.jpg

Edited by Bgreenard (see edit history)

me and a friend got my OBX's done in 3 hours. i used 2 cans of penetrating blast and i started spraying the bolts down 2 months prior. i think that really helped speed the process up. 3 hours is without welding it up to the exhaust i had a good muffler shop do the welding. and we did it with no lift just 1 floor jack

You can do it yourself, it just takes patience. I installed my Dynatech headers w/ cats in about 5 hours w/ the assistance of a friend.......use a lift if possible then drove to the muffler shop to weld in a dual in/out Magnaflow, .....got a lot of stares driving to the muffler shop but it was fun.

IMG-20110719-00204.jpg

Now that is just plain unfair, flaunt your shit in front of everybody :jester:

My dream setup buddy :chevrolet:

I went to check on prices to get my bike cat cut off.Both muffler shops in my area said they will not cut cats, or weld anything on my bike/truck if the cats were deleted. One said its a 2,500 dollar fine for him. He said, he could only do it on race cars,or cars being shipped over seas. I guess I need to find someone under the radar.

want to stay legal even though kansas dont check shit and want to keep the exhaust sound down a bit

Dude samething happened to me, two exhaust shops refused to weld up my pipes after the install. Thank to badasssilvy(aaron) helped me amd i was lucky enough to find a great welder who helped me save money by using my stock Y pipe. Why dont you just delete the cats? I regret not deleting them. Good luck.bro.