No Steering Wheel Lights!?

ssbullet

i recently changed all my lights to leds, after about 3-4 months one of my steering wheel lights started flickering, so i changed the bulb and resistor out both are correct and i pushed the button and that switch started smoking lil bit then stopped. so i put new switch in and all my steering buttons work fine but i have no lights on any of them. what happened?

i recently changed all my lights to leds, after about 3-4 months one of my steering wheel lights started flickering, so i changed the bulb and resistor out both are correct and i pushed the button and that switch started smoking lil bit then stopped. so i put new switch in and all my steering buttons work fine but i have no lights on any of them. what happened?

Have you checked the fuses in the cab, in the small panel on the driverside dash? (Between the door on the dash.) Check the 15A fuses in there , towards the bottom on the panel; there are 2 that protect both the steering wheel and dash lighting circuit. Cant remember which one does which, but test them both!

If this requires further troublshooting, try removing the switch which had a previous issue and check the CCA (Circuit Card Assembly) for any visible discrepancies. However, you're likely to have just blown a fuse...

Edited by jtmarine02 (see edit history)

If you look at the plugs on you steering wheel control, they will all have a common wire, I believe its Orange. Trace that wire down the column and you will find a length of shrink tube with a little in-line fuse. That little fuse is just for your steering wheel illumination. If its blown, i suggest putting a mini fuse holder in its place.

Edited by kbuchner (see edit history)

Have you checked the fuses in the cab, in the small panel on the driverside dash? (Between the door on the dash.) Check the 15A fuses in there , towards the bottom on the panel; there are 2 that protect both the steering wheel and dash lighting circuit. Cant remember which one does which, but test them both!

If this requires further troublshooting, try removing the switch which had a previous issue and check the CCA (Circuit Card Assembly) for any visible discrepancies. However, you're likely to have just blown a fuse...

Checke all fuses they r all good.

An the main wire is brown on mine. I can use both buttons with just the three wires and the brown is the light wire. I got the new switch in there now with led upgrade. Between the blue rubber and circuit board is where it burnt lil bit on last switch.