Help ... Courtesy/Door Light Removal

rickyrick562

ok so i wanted to replace my courtesy lights with leds but idk if you have to remove the whole door panel to change the bulb with leds or if u can just open the housing i dont want to break it thats why im asking . i checked the how to posts but couldnt find anything

You can't "open" the housing, however the whole housing will pop out of the door panel, just make absolutely sure your screwdriver is behind the whole housing and not just the lens when you pry on it. Also, you pry on the opposite side of the housing as the light is on. Be gentle and it should pop right out with minimal force.

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

You can't "open" the housing, however the whole housing will pop out of the door panel, just make absolutely sure your screwdriver is behind the whole housing and not just the lens when you pry on it. Also, you pry on the opposite side of the housing as the light is on. Be gentle and it should pop right out with minimal force.

ok ill try that thanks oh yeah im digging those fog lights by the way im tryin to get some

Seriously! Take one screw out of the bottom of the door panel that holds the pocket and pull the pocket out. The light is right there and meant to be replaced like this. Take the socket out and put the bulb in. 5 min for both!