New Keystone Ram air hood!!

Finally in my truck!! took a little longer in the body shop because I had an Idea to paint the ram air inlets the samecolor as the badges and windshield banner. Took a chance but IMO turned out pretty cool. :thumbs:

463431_18_full.jpg

463431_17_full.jpg

463431_19_full.jpg

Yeah, saw that in your sig in another post.

Looks pretty good. I think I like the painted inlets. One of the problems I have with that hood is that it looks a little plastiky. The painted scoops cleans it up. Any side shots of the hood?

Are you going to repaint your bumper inlets back to grey?

Yeah, saw that in your sig in another post.

Looks pretty good. I think I like the painted inlets. One of the problems I have with that hood is that it looks a little plastiky. The painted scoops cleans it up. Any side shots of the hood?

Are you going to repaint your bumper inlets back to grey?

:withstupid:

I'd really like to get a side shot/profile of the front end of your truck so I could see how high the inlets stick up from level.

Nice truck. :cheers:

The paint turned out excellent. I like the hood. The only hang up I have about it is its fibreglass. I wish it were steel. Is there any chance there is something like this hood out there that is steel?

Anyone know?

The truck looks great. :thumbs:

I looked all over and could not find it in steel so I got the fiberglass. No problems so far. Did you buy the kit to make it functional? I'm getting about 1 1/2-2 mpg better now with mine.

The painted inlets look good! Great idea. :chevy:

If you go to your local Pontiac Dealer you can get pre-made "RAM AIR" decals from the hood of a Ram Air Trans Am. We used them on a couple new GTO's that we put Ram Air Hoods on and they really finished it off!!! They are available in Silver too!!

How about a side shot of your truck showing your wheels and maybe a closeup of a Wheel?

Thanks

I looked all over and could not find it in steel so I got the fiberglass. No problems so far. Did you buy the kit to make it functional? I'm getting about 1 1/2-2 mpg better now with mine.

The painted inlets look good! Great idea. :chevy:

Bob:

I did not purchase the kit from goodhood I had an airaid kit installed already and when I compared the two they are almost the same. The airaid is a little bigger than the goodhood one, but the induct still fits right over it. Thanks for everybody's compliments I actually thought about painting the ducts back to grey but my wallet thought different, I also purchased the Gaylord(speedstur) lid along with the hood so now I have to chill out for a bit. But sooner or later it will get painted. :cheers:

P.S. I ask if the hood was fiberglass and I was told that it was a Composite that lasted and behave a lot beter than fiberglass alone. It does have fiberglass but is mixed with some other material for durability.

:seeya:

Archived